Job Title: Retainer (Eight Posts)
Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 4th Jan 2014
• Develop reports and writes news and feature stories for the title he/she is assigned to in finished form, so that no major rewrite is required or no extensive additional report is needed.
• Takes notes on location, carries out interviews, checks facts and tape records as the case may be; writes news or features on own initiative, choice and judgment or at the direction of either the news editor or section editor.
• The material so written must reflect a thorough understanding of the Mwananchi Communications Limited style of journalism as defined in the editorial policy guidelines and objectives, the house style and the journalistic code of ethical journalism.
• Briefs News Editor/Regiona1 Coordinator on stories gathered and write the selected ones within set deadlines.
• Follows news leads and maintains close contacts with Dews sources.
• Continually builds his/her contacts list and demonstrates its value with consistent exclusive reports or information.
• Responds promptly to news breaks.
• Closely co-operates with photographers from whom he/she orders pictures on the issues he/she covers.
• Coordinates news gathering in the region (aU districts).
• Prepare daily news coverage docket and forward it to the News' Editor/ Regional Coordinator every day
Qualifications and Experience:
• Basic University Degree
• Diploma in Journalism
• 1 to 3 years journalistic working experience
NB: Applicants Must Be Residents Of Above Areas
A competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.