Job Title: Weigh bridge Operator (Six Posts)
Employer: Tan Roads
Duty Station: Kigoma
Application Deadline: 31st December 2013
- Holder of full Technician Certificate in Civil Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC), (Higher qualification will be advantageous).
- Must be computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Application)
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Not above 35 years of age.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The holder of this post who reports to shift in charge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing road Traffic Axle Load Control by use of weighbridge scale Devices.
- Carrying out activities as described in the road traffic [maximum Weight or vehicles]
- Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
- Weighing motor vehicles gross vehicle weight [GVW] > 3.500kg plying on our public roads.
- Imposing road damage fee on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles.
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non - compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advises. '
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity.
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the shift in charge
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the shift in charge/Regional Manager.
How to Apply:
All interested qualification Tanzanians applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than 31st December, 2013. Copies of certificates, and their contract addresses, telephone number [s], and postal address. Only the short - listed candidates will be contracted and. overqualified applicants will not be considered. Please apply to:
Regional Manager TAN ROADS
TEL: NO. 028 2802564 FAX: NO. 0282804165