Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Central Office Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Responsible for the developing, implementing and enhance the stores system and procedures for the organization in accordance with the program requirements.
• Ensure store system is operated in an efficient, safe manner and efficient utilization of available storage space.
• Provide advice on stores issues with best practices in line with the THPS policies and procedures.
• Receives and inspects all procured materials and reconciles with purchase orders; check condition, shortage, discrepancies and prepare reports.
• Arranges for storage of received materials at appropriate storage space.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate inventory records.
• Ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials; Maintain high level of cleanliness and orderliness in the stores.
• Timely issue the required materials against authorized requisitions notes/materials lists.
• Verifies quality, quantity and other specifications during receipt and issue of stocks and that proper documentation are observed.
• Responsible for shipping of procured items to THPS regional offices and across supported sites.
• Coordinating THPS regional stores and ensure shipped items are dispatched to the supported sites.
• Tracks stock levels and places replenishment requests with the procurement section when a re-stocking of all regular stores items threshold is reached.
• Carries regularly physical verification of stores, to check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, damages, pilferage, expire dates etc.
• Assist in maintaining and update the asset register on regular basis by ensuring that all new procured materials are being recorded and shipped to regional offices or across THPS supported sites,
• Conducting and preparation of monthly stock taking, stock reports and reconciliation.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in material management
• Experience in supply chain management and inventory forecasting
• Understanding of Microsoft office packages
• CSP/CPSP qualification and registered by NBMM/PSTB will be an added advantage
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• A minimum of two years experience in the same field.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.