Job Title: Regional Manager
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Kigoma Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Oversee the overall planning, initiation and implementation of Care and Treatment, PMTCT/EID, APSC, PSG, TB/HIV, VCT, Cervical screening, Palliative care, Lab and Pharmacy services at THPS supported sites in Kigoma Region.
• Liaise with the RHMT, CHMT, MOHSW officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of the program and compliance to the Ministry of Health guidelines.
• Ensure that THPS technical team in Kigoma support program implementation by building capacity of RHMT and CHMTs in program management and various technical domains for program sustainability.
• Work closely with the THPS Central Technical Team in programmatic aspects of HIV/AIDS implementation programs.
• Supervise and oversee overall activities implemented by Program Officers and other Staff for Kigoma region.
• Participate in THPS strategic planning sessions including planning with sub grantees in the region, development of Country Operational Plan (COP) activities and other planning related activities as will be deemed necessary.
• Participate and represent THPS in National Program related activities e.g. Development of curricula/guidelines, SOPs.
• Oversee renovations and site improvements at program sites in Kigoma.
• Coordinate procurement of equipments and consumables for the sites in Kigoma.
• Preparing budgets, work plans monthly and quarterly reports and other technical papers.
• Coordinate the training of site staff in line with the approved budgets
• Assist in the program in Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Kigoma.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by superiors from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• MD preferably with Masters in Public Health (MPH)
• 3+ years experience in program planning in a developing country setting.
• Experience with HIV/AIDS programming
• Familiarity with district level health care system in Tanzania
• Strong supervisory and management and team oriented skills.
• Ability to work independently with strong problem solving skills
• Fluent in English and Swahili with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a Tanzania Resident.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.