Employer: Plan International Tanzania
Duty Station: Kibaha & Kisarawe
Application Deadline: 15th Nov 2013
To ensure the effective implementation of the EC funded Child Protection System Strengthening Project in the district (2014 - 2016)
• Ensure Project implementation, supervision and management: enhance the delivery of the project as per project schedule
• Serve as the main point of contact with project partners (local NGO and District Government) and supervise / coordinate partner activities in relation to the project and continue to assess, support and evaluate all project partners during project implementation
• Write end of year and quarterly narrative project reports for donor and validate against associated financial reports and other documentations required;
• Budget control - track program spending, provide timely and regular updates in M & E systems, analyze deviations and take corrective action as needed.
• Strive towards all work being sensitive to the needs of all groups, whether differentiated by their gender, ethnicity, age, and religious beliefs or other.
• Focus on the capacity building needs in the communities and support the partners to be able to provide the required training and support to the communities.
• Provide technical support to the program such as surveys, design, supervision of field teams, and training. Maintain good relationships with district and other agencies working in the district
Qualifications and Experience:
• Education- University degree in Social work / community development/social science/ development studies; Master level will be an added advantage.
• Training:Key exposure to courses on: Child protection systems; partnership management; project management; Human Rights Conventions, e.g. CRC, ACRWC, LCA 09, CDP 08; Monitoring and Evaluation; and various HRBAD / CCCD interventions approaches in developing countries
• Demonstrable experience in community and/or international development including management experience, including strong experience in multi-year, large project management, specifically involving design and management of community development projects, Child rights / child protection systems; experience in managing an EC program or other large multi-year grants-based program implementation.
• Skills specific to the post
• Strong analytical, negotiating, facilitating, problem solving, team working skills and influencing skills Proficient in use of relevant corporate applications
• Cultural sensitivity i.e. building and working effectively within a diverse working environment
Plan Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Please note that Plan Tanzania has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications should be sent to undersigned to:
Country Human Resources Manager
Plan International Tanzania Central Technology Building (CT House)
Plot # 96, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area Off. New Bagamoyo road next to TBC P. O. Box 3517
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Plan Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.