Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Zanzibar Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Drive THPS programme vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
• Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
• Drive long distance with or without THPS staff when required and adhere with the rules and regulation.
• Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
• Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures.
• Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule are adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
• Provide information and other general assistance to the organisation staff and its visitors.
• Maintain record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
• Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
• Abide to all THPS rules and regulations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• The candidate should hold a new valid and clean class “B” and “D” or more driving licence issued by Tanzania Revenue Authority
• The candidate must possess a driving certificate from VETA or NIT
• Must have not less than 5 years working experience driving 4wheel drive station wagons
• Must be a holder of Ordinary level Secondary education with good passes in English and Swahili
• Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance with safety driving skills
• The candidate should be fluent in both English and Swahili
• Ability to drive long distance safely and efficiently to the remote areas of Tanzania.
• Computer literacy is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.