Employer: Walter Reed Southern Highlands AIDS Program
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 20th Nov 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and/or maintains in-depth knowledge of rules and regulations related to procurement, asset management and contracts, specifically in regard to USG and HJFMRI policies and procedures.
• Makes local purchases in line with HJFMRI and Tanzanian procurement rules. Supervises the quality of the products and serves provided, the time frames, and the competitiveness of prices in line with the HJFMRI’s professional code of ethics. Liaises and negotiates with suppliers to ensure the best value for money.
• Prepares purchase orders for purchases in line with programmatic and administrative needs in compliance with established procedures (PR’s, PO’s, sole source justifications, etc.). Overseas the competitive bidding process.
• Responsible for the administrative supervision of internal and external orders; ensures that all documents relating to orders (waybills, packing lists, etc.) are correctly completed, collected and filed.
• Oversees the conditions of acceptance of materials arriving by WRP transport or contracted means (truck, plane, etc.), as well as the organization and preparation (including packing and documentation) of materials to be shipped.
• Oversees the storage, packing and management of stocks (logistics, stationary, etc.) and the management of WRP storage facilities.
• Complies with storage rules for stored products (expiration dates, cold chain, etc.). Reviews and updates stock cards weekly.
• Responsible for rising the HJFMRI inventory in accordance with the frequency defined by the Logistics Manager and produces a yearly inventory report.
• Negotiates the conditions of vehicle hire contracts under the supervision of the Logistics Manager.
• Organizes and documents the agreement to rent offices and storage facilities. Ensures that all related documentation is approved, completely documented and filed in an organized manner.
• Prepares activity reports and ensures that procurement statistics are regularly updated (yearly procurement plan, Outstanding PO report, vendor database, etc.).
• Develops and implements a Regional Office site monitoring plan (to include Dar); including at least one visit on a bi annual basis to verify compliance. Provides recommendations for minimizing risk and assists in the implementation of improvement plans.
• Immediately informs the Logistics Manager and Operations Director of any information that could have an impact on the compliance policies or on the safety and security of staff, damage, loss or attempted theft of HJFMRI goods and properties.
• Develops and/or maintains WRP procurement orientation and training materials and coordinates with other WRP staff to ensure integrated and comprehensive procurement guideline.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Material Management from qualified Institutions.
• Minimum of three years experience in the field of logistics and/or procurement
• Willingness to travel to field sites
• Good communications skills (English and Kiswahili)
• Excellent computer skills (Office)
How to Apply:
Send cover letters and resumes should be sent to:
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396,
or e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.