Job Title: Procurement Officer
Employer: Save the Children International (SCI)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th November 2013
The Procurement Officer will be an integral post within the Save the Children Tanzania Support Services Team. S/he will insure that all aspects of procurement are carried out in a transparent and efficient manner and comply with procedures. S/he is responsible for Order processing and tracking, Sourcing of Proforma invoices/quotations from supplies and service providers, support in tendering; Preparations of CBA's for Approval, preparations of purchase orders and contracts as required. S/he will also be responsible for coordination of the distribution of supplies locations, deal with the issues of VAT exemptions documentations as well as general paper trail management.
As a member of the Support Services team, h/she will work collaboratively with the procurement and logistics team members to ensure good coordination, communication, planning, and provide customer service to staff and the programme, including providing cover for, and support to others and undertaking duties as delegated by his/her line manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's vision, mission and values in practices
- Bachelor degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field of study with at least 2 years relevant working experience preferably in NGO environment
- An understanding and appreciation of, and commitment to "customer service"
- Strong organization and planning skills to prioritize a busy workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient procurement and supply chain systems
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office package.
- It is Desirable for the person to have excellent negotiation skills, high levels of self-motivation, integrity, commitment and enthusiasm and with positive attitude. S/he must be fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
How to Apply for both Positions
For more details and to KNOW that one is suitable to apply for the position please send an e-mail to the Human Resources Department of Save the Children in
at the Email
and request for the complete Job Profile and a Save the Children Job Application Form
Then ONLY return the completed Job Application Form by Email Link above
Application Closing Date: 25th November 2013
Save the Children is committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.