Job Title: PMTCT/Paediatrics Technical Advisor
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Central Office Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Assist the Technical Director in development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), targeted continuous medical education (CME) packages and other relevant materials for improving and advancing maternal and child health agendas including PMTCT & Pediatric HIV services.
• Provide technical support to THPS program and field officers and regional teams in the planning, initiation and implementation of PMTCT and paediatric services including roll out of Option B+ for elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV, early infant diagnosis of HIV and paediatric care and treatment.
• Work with regional teams and ZACP in providing technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of regional and council health management teams for delivering quality PMTCT/EID and pediatric care and treatment programs.
• Work with program and field officers in the region to design and implement innovative strategies for improving the quality of PMTCT/EID and pediatric services in collaboration with the Regional & Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) and Hospital Management Teams.
• Provide support at the national level in development of tools, protocols and clinical guidelines as needed to improve delivery of PMTCT & Pediatric services
• Oversee capacity building, supportive supervision, mentoring, and formal training activities of the PMTCT/EID program and pediatric HIV/TB interventions.
• Work with the monitoring and evaluation in analysis and reporting of PMTCT/EID and pediatric HIV program data and recommend innovations for addressing identified gaps.
• Coordinate with clinical advisors to ensure pediatric activities are standardized and contribute to increased pediatric population enrolled and retained in care and treatment.
• Work as part of the multi disciplinary technical team to provide technical guidance to the regional teams in planning program activities, ensuring close linkages between PMTCT, EID and pediatric services.
• Prepare regular monthly and quarterly technical program reports as required by THPS.
• Work closely with MoHSW and other partners to ensure the functionality of support services including availability of adequate stocks of supplies for PMTCT/EID and improve on turnaround time for HIV results of exposed infants.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications and Experience:
• Medical Doctor with post graduate training in Pediatrics and Child Health will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in HIV and AIDS related programs including pediatric care and treatment and PMTCT.
• Experience of working with regional and council health management teams is highly desirable
• Ability to work in diverse teams, understand group dynamics and have problem solving techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English
• ICT skills including ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.