Job Title: PMTCT Field Officer
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Zanzibar Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Under the direction of THPS PMTCT/Peds advisor, M&E Director, Zanzibar Program manager and Senior Clinical Advisor participate in the ZACP annual PMTCT work plan development process.
• Conduct joint ZACP/THPS focused supportive supervision and mentorship to the site staff to oversee program implementation. S/He shall visit every PMTCT site at least once in a month for low volume sites and at least twice in a month for high volume sites to strengthen the program at the site through identifying gaps and collaborating with other THPS staffs and ZACP team to find solutions.
• Provide direct, onsite support to nurses and clinical officers working at RCH units in all ZACP supported PMTCT sites to establish and strengthen services and provide ongoing mentoring and support to implement the current National PMTCT guideline recommendation.
• Develop linkages between various HIV programs and community based organizations working with HIV positive women to ensure their linkage to existing support groups
• Work with health facility staff and HIV positive pregnant/postpartum women to support the establishment and monitor the Psychosocial Support Groups (PSGs) for PMTCT at the facilities.
• Ensure ZACP M&E & IEC materials, SOPs and job aides are at every PMTCT site.
• Review and maintains a resource binder (resource mapping) of current PMTCT information for Health care worker education purposes and referral resources.
• Help facility staff own the data through improving preparation and make use of PMTCT monthly summary reports. Conduct joint ZACP/THPS data collection from the health facilities implementing PMTCT program for monthly and quarterly reports to ZACP and THPS.
• Establish and maintain a strong relationship with health facility staff delivering PMTCT services in all districts of Unguja and Pemba.
• Working closely with ZACP and Central Medical Stores to ensure timely ordering, stocking and supply of PMTCT and Family planning supplies to PMTCT sites.
• Prepare and timely submit site visit reports, ensuring observed issues which need immediate intervention are communicated immediately upon return from the field.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least Diploma in medical related preferably registered Nurse.
• Post graduate training in public health is an advantage
• Practical experience (minimum 3 years) in implementing PMTCT and in HIV/AIDS programs in Tanzania is mandatory
• At least three years professional experience in HIV program management
• Friendly disposition and strong interpersonal skills;
• Strong initiative, independence, creativity, and sound judgment;
• Service oriented and flexible with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be a team player with a high level of commitment, able to manage multiple high priority tasks at a go.
• Excellent writing and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point etc;
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.