Job Title: PMTCT ART Linkage Program Officer, Mtwara
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Mtwara Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Provide technical assistance to the staff at THPS supported health care facilities; onsite staff capacity building on PMTCT and ART , patient flow analysis, counseling, improvement of adherence support systems, strengthen of referral systems, linkage to CTC and community services.
• Coordinate with partners supporting PMTCT and in the region on technical assistance on proper management and linkage of PMTCT clients.
• Facilitate Provider Initiated Testing and counseling at all key entry points of the health facility and collaborate with PMTCT IP to ensure HIV infected pregnant women and children are identified at immunization clinics and enrolled to PMTCT and C&T.
• Facilitate partner testing and male involvement into care and treatment for all PMTCT clients at THPS supported facilities.
• Work closely with THPS Care and Treatment Clinical Advisors to ensure early initiation of ART to all PMTCT eligible clients including their HIV infected infants.
• Establish and monitor innovative strategies at THPS supported health facilities and facilitate linkage of PMTCT clients to support groups and other community services.
• Work with the PMTCT IP, Mtwara RCHCo and all DRCHCo in the regions to facilitate integration between HIV care and treatment services within Reproductive and Child Health clinics.
• Ensure that THPS-supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the Tanzanian national guidelines.
• Work closely with Home based Care providers and peer educators to ensure continuum of care and treatment for women and their infants post delivery.
• Advocate and work with facility staff to ensure implementation of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) including provision of safer pregnancy education and family planning services at RCH/CTC.
• Assist the Mtwara regional manager to develop annual regional work plan and to review its implementation.
• Assist the regional manager in the development of monthly and quarterly reports.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Medical Doctor with 5+ years or more experience in program implementation in a developing country setting
Master’s degree (MPH or equivalent); Public health training is desirable.
• Experience with HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention including Prevention Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT).
• Enough experience in working with different levels in the community.
• Familiarity with district level health care programs in Tanzania.
• Strong mentorship and team oriented skills.
• Ability to work independently with strong problem solving skills.
• Fluent in English and Swahili with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a Tanzania Resident.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.