Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Application Deadline: 3rd December 2013
REPOA is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), registered under the laws of Tanzania with the key functions of undertaking and facilitating research, developing research capacity, and promoting evidence based policy dialogue and policy development for inclusive growth and enhanced socioeconomic transformation for poverty reduction.
REPOA is currently seeking applications from interested individuals for the position of Finance and Administration Assistant.
- Process daily payments and ensure that financial transactions are in accordance with REPOA financial rules and regulations
- Process subsidiary and general ledgers
- Provide assistance to ensure proper management of departmental budgets.
- Support preparation of final accounts
- Assist in the process of recruitment of staff
- Assist in updating Human Resource policies and procedures
- Provide support in ensuring that Health and Safety Regulations are complied with
- Support in coordination of general maintenance and repairs of assets
- A degree in Accountancy/business administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Excellent administrative skills
- At least one year work experience in accounting department
- Knowledge of financial systems including PASTEL accounting software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team
- IT literate
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply, and should send their typed application letter and detailed CV including three referees to the address below;
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, REPOA
Phone: (22) 2700083 /0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738
Only applicants who meet requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA should consider themselves unsuccessful