Job Title: Faculty Administrative Support Officer
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th December 2013
This position will provide support for IED Faculty team and be responsible for providing effective and efficient Administration support to meet IED objectives.
Terms of Reference
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to faculty members such as word processing, spread sheet and database services, correspondence, meeting arrangements, diary appointments, and stationary procurement. Assisting Faculty with the organisation of Academic events, including organising catering, venues, creating and maintaining databases, liaising with speakers and delegates.
- Record minutes at various Faculty meetings, extracting action points and tracking their implementation
- Support Project related activity by assisting Faculty with administrative tasks that arise.
- Support Faculty members in attending to the needs of Students
- Liaise with the Admin/IT Dept to organize logistical arrangements for classes, seminars, w/shops, conference and meetings
- Liaise with Admin Dept to arrange travel bookings, transport, tickets, accommodation for faculty and official guests
- Administering room booking requests
- Assisting with the scheduling of the Faculty Calendar.
- Ensuring the Faculty photocopier, printers and fax are adequately stocked.
- Liaise with the finance dept for disbursements and reimbursements of funds to faculty on official duty such as travel, research projects etc
- Liaise with the Librarian on order of approved class text books
- Liaise with IT/HR/Admin Dept in setting up office and computers for visiting faculty
- Assist faculty in sourcing and organizing materials from the internet and library when needed
- Any other duty as may reasonably be required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or relevant degree OR a strong track record in providing high quality administrative support
- Relevant Experiences
- Requires a strong working experience within this function as an educational/academic setting.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft)
- Excellent interactive skills especially with s1.udents and faculty
- Experience in general administrative functions (filing, drafting correspondence, minute taking, logistics, travel arrangements, arranging meetings/conferences etc)
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Capable of operating various office equipment like fax, machines, scanners, telephones, typing machines etc.
- Able to function at a high level in both English and Kiswahili
How to Apply:
For Application and Submission Details please send your application, an updated CV and testimonials, including the names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone/fax numbers of two professional references, addressed to the
Human Resources Office,
AKU - TIHE
Fax (+255) (0)222150875 or Email Link above. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please visit the Website Link below
Applications close: Friday 13th December 2013