Job Title: Executive Assistant
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Central Office Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Manage executive calendar and interact with both THPS employees and Program partners as well as consultants to coordinate a variety of executive meetings,
• Perform complex administrative duties for the Executive Director with high degree of integrity as well as protection of confidential information.
• Organize and prepare materials for presentations for the Executive Director and Chief Operations Officer in various management and executive meetings,
• Screening telephone calls, enquiries and promptly direct them to appropriate person.
• Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of Executive Director and COO.
• Liaise with the Office Manager in arranging travel schedules and reservations for Executive Director and THPS Board of Directors in work related issues.
• Take dictations and minutes, collate information and write reports, and ensure that decisions made are communicated to the relevant people.
• Organize and maintain filing systems for official documents, dispatch project mail, courier and hand-delivered items,
• Maintain and properly arrange computer based information, and keep the Executive Director’s office documents and filing systems in order.
• Compile monthly and quarterly narrative reports and present them to the Technical team for review prior to approval by the executive director
• Assist Executive Director and COO in presenting findings and update them on latest information for the meetings;
• Work with the IT manager in ensuring regular updating of the THPS website
• Seek and place meeting appointments for the Executive Director to meet government officials, donors and other stakeholders.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by Executive Director.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of Executives
• Ability to take initiative, ensure follow through, work independently and in teams
• Must have time management skills and flexibility to work beyond normal business hours
• Must possess high degree of integrity and confidentiality in dealing with executives
• Must have exceptional communications skills in both writing and speaking.
• Must be a fast learner to understand the THPS roles in health systems strengthening, HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs and other new approaches as adapted by THPS.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts relevant to the job requirement
• Minimum of 3 years experience in executive’s administration and management.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili
• Program management skills
• Experience in Health programs/HIV and AIDS are an advantage
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.