Job Title: Education Facilitator
Duty Station: Kigoma
Application Deadline: 30th November 2013
IRC through WEKEZA Project seeks an experienced Education Facilitator to provide support on the implementation of education interventions for a 4-year, USDOL funded program to combat exploitive child labor in Kigoma region in
WEKEZA is the Project of Support to Tanzania’s Time Bound Programme on
the elimination of Worst Forms of Child Labour in the country. WEKEZA Project
works with local entities and builds on existing efforts to reduce the worst
forms of child labor, including programs to protect OVC, increase access to
education and promote economic opportunities for Tanzanian households most
vulnerable to the worst forms of child labor.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Director and Education Specialist, the Education Facilitator will be responsible for the implementation of the education interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Education Specialist in designing the needs assessment of learning environments and project action plan in quarterly bases.
- In collaboration with Child labor Committees lead in the identification, enrolment and re-integration of out of school/at risk children into primary, secondary and non-formal education
- In working with project focal teachers follow up children beneficiaries
- Monitor project performance in meeting established objectives.
- Liaise with technical specialists of partner organizations (CSOs) and government agencies;
- Ensure education proposed interventions/activities are based on accepted best practices.
- Assist the Education Specialist in planning and implementing teachers training initiatives;
- Prepare narrative reports for submission to Education Specialist;
- Assist in the development of project work plan
- Prepare documentation for discussions and briefing sessions
- Undertake other assignments that the Project Director and Education Specialist may deem necessary.
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Maintain records of activities and tasks
- University degree in education or social sciences
- Practical experience in similar positions/projects
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in education project management
- Good knowledge of Kiswahili and English language
- Computer skill, good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
How to Apply:
Send Applications to TZ-Recruitment@rescue.org and Meshack.Mbilinyi@rescue.org
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs.Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.