Employer: Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Nov 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing and implementing short and long term strategies to ma>(fl1ize aeronautical and non- aeronautical revenues in accordance with the Authorities Strategic and Business plans;
• Directing the negotiation of complex real estate-related ground leases, real estate related development contracts, concession contracts, parking contracts, management contracts and other related revenue generating contracts; Managing and directing policies, programmes, activities and other matters related to parking revenues, parking operations, commercial land development, redevelopment of existing facilities, passenger related concessions and advertising;
• Directing and managing timely and accurate analysis of revenue reports and advising the Director General on all aspects of investment decision for revenue maximization of the Authority.
• Ensuring that the Authority has sufficient working capital to meet its obligations and ascertaining the cost of finance, maintain liquidity and make recommendations for lending and borrowing;
• Coordinating compilation of budgets, strategic and business plans and reports and review capital and annual revenue budget;
• Planning, organizing directing and controlling the financial aspects ofTAA including ensuring timely allocation of funds as per approved budget, proper utilization of funds maintenance of books of accounts, regular check on all receipts and payments and ledger scrutiny is carried out at regular intervals; ,
• Custodian of the funds of the organization, thereby ensuring safe custody of valuable financial papers and documents like insurance policies, securities, financial contracts, etc.;
• In liaison with the Director of Human Resources and Administration, ensuring that existence and physical condition of assets is as recorded in the Fixed Assets Register; and
• Coordinating internal and external audits.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Master's degree or postgraduate diploma in Marketing, Business, Finance or related field.
• Possess at least ten (10) years of work experience of which five (S) years should be in a senior position. Strong computer knowledge and applications preferably in business, accounting or marketing packages.
• The above positions require individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of people.
• The right candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills in Kiswahili and English. He/she must be an effective team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
• Should be a person of high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Should be energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
• He/ She should have ability to handle high level pressure and critical decision making.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's salary scale.TAA SCALE 11, This appointment is on three (3) years renewable contract basis.
Age Limit: Between 35 - 50 years.
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania
Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable cont act postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts. Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. Computer Certificate
Professional certificates from respective boards
One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAe. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 201 O.
Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
Certificates from foreign Universities should be 'verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
How to Apply:
Application letters should be posted to the following address. Hand delivery is not acceptable:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100 Dar Es Salaam.
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katlka Utumishi wa Umma
S. L.P 63100,
Dar Es Salaam.