Job Title: Deputy Provost Administration.
Employer: Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 19th Nov 2013
• Be responsible to the Provost in respect of all administrative matters pertaining to the College;
• Be the main advisor of the Provost in relation to securing adequate human resources for manning the College and carrying out effectively and efficiently its objects and functions;
• Be responsible to, the chief advisor of and assistant to the Provost in respect of all administrative matters, including administration of funds, buildings and grounds, assets, planning, management, etc. of the College; (iv) Coordinate preparation and keeping of students records;
• Have such other powers and functions and enjoy such other rights and privileges as are conferred upon him or her by the Charter or any written law or as may be conferred or delegated to him/her by the Governing Board or the Provost or as may be prescribed.
• Reporting Relations
• S/he will be responsible directly to the Provost for all administrative matters of the College.
• A person, male or female, of integrity and outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability who has attained the status of Professor/Associate Professor or its equivalent in either teaching or research, preferably a Tanzanian.
• Experience in Management at the level of a Dean of Faculty, Director of Institute/ Directorate or above is an added advantage.
Terms of Service
The appointment of the Deputy Provost Administration will be made by the College Governing Board.
The Deputy Provost Administration shall hold office for a period of three years renewable once. Where appropriate and desirable, s/he can be deployed in teaching after the end of tenure as Deputy Provost Administration.
To be guided by the Schemes of Service of Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College depending on the level of experience of a successful candidate.
How to apply:
Duly signed letters of application with full details of qualifications, experience and reasons for wanting to work with the College should include the following:
* Certified photocopies of academic and professional certificates
* Typed comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
* Full contact addresses of work and residence including postal address, telephone and fax number (if available) and e-mails
* Name and full contact addresses of three referees who know the applicant's academic and/or work experience.
Applications should be addressed to:
Chairman of the DPA Search Committee,
Tumaini University Dar ~s Salaam College,
Plot no. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania