Job Title: Community Outreach Officer
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Zanzibar Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Providing technical assistance to Key population NGOs on delivery of HIV prevention to men who have sex with men (MSM) including such areas as HIV risk reduction ( i.e. safer injection practices, condom and lubricant use , STI, TB, hepatitis B&C prevention and treatment and linkage/ referral networks for HIV testing, STI care, substance use rehabilitation , and HIV care and treatment.
• Support the THPS supported KPs NGOs in identifying training needs and design training programs for MSM,IDU and CSW peer educators/ peer counselors
• Mentoring and coaching MSM and other KPs peer educators/ counselors during the outreach sessions
• Support Zanzibar Drug Commission and KP partners NGOs in developing both annual & quarterly work plans and that the agreed targets are met.
• Assisting in the expansion of mobile clinics providing HIV counseling and testing MSM settings to include STI, TB diagnosis treatment.
• Prepare and provide regular timely updates to the Program Manager on the program implementation.
• Participating scheduled meetings with KPs partners and peer educators.
• Providing supportive supervision and mentorship to MSM peer educators to ensure that they are using the approved behavior change M&E tools to implement and track quality services to MSM and other vulnerable population.
• Conducting ongoing participatory assessments of individual partners and develop interventions to address the weaknesses that hinder program implementation this will include but not limited to areas that require technical support.
• Performing any other relevant duties as may be assigned by Program Manager Zanzibar
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Social work, with relevant working experiences in HIV prevention to Most at Risk Population.
• Ability to work after normal working hours at informal gatherings and entertainment centers.
• Ability to cope and interact with the Most at Risk Population especially Men who have sex with Men within the MSM communities.
• Real life experience as KPs who has recovered is an advantage.
• Knowledge on HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.