Job Title: Community Linkages Field officer
Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Mtwara Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Work with the Regional TACAIDS Coordinator and Council HIV AIDS Community Coordinators (CHACC) to strengthen capacity of partners and PLHIV support Groups in improving community linkages and establish facility-community partnership at all levels.
• Participate in HIV/AIDs committee meetings at Regional, District, Ward and village level related to community –facility linkage to PLHIV.
• Work with the sites to strengthen linkages within different departments and programs of the health facilities;
• Provide technical support in best approaches for improving referrals and follow-up of clients in the community.
• Support facility and community to establish referral and linkage system between facility and community services.
• Participate in development and translation of IEC materials for the community support;
• Provide mentorship for the site focal persons and CHBC;
• Conduct routine site visits for technical support and improvement of performance in related program areas;
• Share experiences of implementing community linkages with other THPS staffs and other partners;
• Work with other partners working in the community including HBC partners to develop and implement a starter that ensures harmonized and effective linkages
• To prepare budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers and provide periodic progress reports and monitor progress through quarterly meetings, data collection and monthly/quarterly/annual reporting.
• Take a leadership role in identifying field success stories for publication;
• Participate in preparation and planning for regional meetings for HIV/ AIDs partners to increase networking in the project areas;
• Represent the organization in different collaboration meetings between the government and other CBOs and NGOs that focus on strengthening continuum of care in the community;
• Work with the site focal person to facilitate networks and linkages between the sub-grantees with potential organizations that are involved in supporting PLHAs (in counseling, nutrition and income generating programs) in the project sites;
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the RM.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Social sciences or equivalent, CO, or Nursing Officer; preferably with Masters in Public Health.
• Preference will be given to the following:
• Proven experience in working with community based programs and familiarity with district community based systems and structures
• Trained on advanced adherence counseling
• Excellent communication skills in both reading and writing
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English.
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point).
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.