Job Title: Health Coordinator
Duty Station: Ngorongoro
Application Deadline: 8th December 2013
The project will recruit a health coordinator to be based in ACORD's Ngorongoro office. They will be responsible coordinating the community level field activities in relation to health in the 3 divisions; supporting the communication and facilitating appropriate linkages & collaboration with the District Health Management Team and health facilities; supporting mobilization, collaboration and capacity building activities with the TBAs and other community resource persons; collecting, collating and monitoring indicators for assessing progress towards health outcomes: technical backstopping in relation to health and assisting in the management of the project budget and costed work plans; assisting in mobilising the community to engage in health related activities; assisting with timely and Quality reporting and any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in public health science, nursing, medicine, social sciences or related field
- At least 4 years working experience in community health programming preferably in NGO environment
- Proven experience in coordinating, and implementing reproductive health projects preferably in pastoralist settings Ability to collect, synthesize and interpret related health data.
- Demonstrated ability to support and build community capacity
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to carry out assigned duties with due diligence and meet deadlines
Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook., Internet) and conversant with pastoralist environment Application details
How to Apply
Prospective applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the Job Title in the Subject Box no later than 8th December 2013
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.