Job Title: Travel Assistant
Employer: UNICEF Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Oct 2013
UNICEF Tanzania is planning to recruit a Travel Assistant accountable for preparing and processing documentation for travel of United Nations staff members and dependents, consultants and participants to meetings.
• Assist in arranging official travels by' following all UNICEF rules and procedures, ensure entitlements are correctly reflected and ensure appropriate follow up with the relevant sections and travel agencies by making reservations and follow up completion of travel authorization and buying air tickets.
• Responsible for compiling reports pertaining to travel on a weekly, monthly quarterly and annual basis
• Identify Travel Authorizations' outstanding for more than 15 days and remind staff members
• Close the Travel authorizations upon all payments are made
• Support Administrative Assistant in all international travel arrangements and other travel desk tasks during her/his absence
Expected Qualification and Experience
• Completion of secondary school, and typing skills. Knowledge of United Nations' travel rules and practices, and of standard tools and references of the travel industry.
• Training and five years' experience with travel-related work, such as an airline or travel agency
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
• Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results.
• Functional Competencies: Analysing, following Instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing, Learning and Researching
How to Apply:
If you meet the above profile, please submit your application along with a cover letter, an updated CV and a completed UN Personal History Form, indicating post title/vacancy number to The Human Resources Manager, UNICEF Tanzania Country Office, Dar Es Salaam, and send to the Email Link above indicating clearly Vacancy No. 2013/16 on or before the closing date of 30th October 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications not quoting the title and vacancy number will automatically be disqualified. DO NOT attach copies of your certificates/diplomas.
No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.
UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply UNICEF is a smoke-free environment.