Job Title: Technical Director
Employer: Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 18th Oct 2013
The Technical Director provides the technical leadership to the Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) HIV/AIDS programs, currently supporting Care and Treatment, Innovation in Reproductive Health and Family Planning and PMTCT sites in Shinyanga, Simiyu and Geita Regions. He / she will deputize the Executive Director when the incumbent is away, and is a senior member of the Management Team that strives to ensure efficient and effective implementation, coordination and management of AGPAHI program activities.
MAJOR ATTRIBUTES and profile
This person will be an exceptional leader and manager of people and complex but integrated programs. She/he will be an outstanding partnership-builder, facilitator and gifted communicator. S/he will bring a credible track record in leading programs in a highly competitive and diverse environment, ideally in the area of HIV/AIDS services. S/he will be highly committed to the AGPAHI’s core values.
Leadership and coordination of TECHNICAL programs activities and its technical team
Supervision of the technical team that comprises Managers of clinical services, M&E, QI and technical supervision of Regional Program Manager and Coordinators for Family planning and RCH
Directly oversee Care and Treatment, PMTCT and RCH, Family Planning and Reproductive Health,;
Lead AGPAHI technical program activities according to AGPAHI Mission and Vision, to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eradicate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy and implementation of prevention- and treatment programs;
Lead and coordinate the technical component of the preparation of funding applications and reporting as requested by donors and/or Executive Director
Build capacity and mentorship of the technical team and partners we support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT and representation TO MOHSW, DONORS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
Participate in meetings of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and related parties, including national technical working groups;
Participate in meetings as called for by the donor community;
Participate in Partners technical meetings/trainings when required to do so.
Participate in any other relevant communication, national or international meeting.
Support and monitor program officers’ support for the Care and treatment,IRHFP and PMTCT program to the sub grantees
Participate in the formulation and manage technical program budgets
Provide input and participate actively in senior Management Team meetings and ensure that designated tasks for the technical department are taken care of within reasonable time;
Involvement in the recruitment of technical staff
Involvement and lead the strategic direction of all programs
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) with at least five years of experience in HIV-project management including the design, administration, management and implementation of international health programs in developing countries, including supervision, M&E and reporting;
• Experience in Family Planning and PMTCT program planning, implementation and monitoring
• Knowledge and experience in program management and capacity building.
• Good communication skills both written and spoken-- this will be tested
• Extensive knowledge on HIV prevention, care and ART services and quality of care assessment.
• Experience working in international development sector (NGO’s, direct bilateral, multilateral).
• Proven experience in the development of quality improvement / quality improvement tools and -systems in Tanzania.
• Masters in Public Health or other Masters in science or social sciences will be an asset.
• Proved track record of project proposal writing, abstracts and reports
How to Apply:
AGPAHI is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI. For those who will send e-copies please send cover letter and CV saved in your names.
Submissions may be sent to:
Executive Director, Agpahi
P.o. Box 38252
Plot 373, Mtitu Street, East Upanga
Dar es Salaam,
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.