Job Title: Senior HR Manager
Employer: Rijk Zwaan
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 15th Oct 2013
Rijk Zwaan is an independent, international vegetable breeding company. We currently have 28 subsidiaries abroad and our organisation continues to grow, thanks to our focus on product development and product innovation. We are specialised in breeding, producing and selling vegetable seeds. Our company is one of the top nine breeding companies in the world, and we have a total of 2,100 highly motivated, loyal and dedicated employees all over the world.
Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production (Malalua), breeding support (Q-sem) and breeding and product development (Afrisem). Currently we have 285 employees and we expect to expand in the near future.
In view of all the expansion plans within Tanzania, we are looking for an HR Manager
position, based in Tengeru, Arusha.
Mutual respect, a strong sense of responsibility and a high degree of employee involvement are the most important starting points in our company. People are highly motivated and involved, this results amongst others in a low rate of turnover of personnel. Employing the right person for the right position is essential to ensure that this culture continues to thrive.
As HR Manager you are responsible for the further development of the HR function in
Tanzania. In close collaboration with the local Board of Directors and HR in the Netherlands, you will focus on setting up and developing a number of aspects of the HR policy, such as employee benefits, recruitment procedures and working conditions for instance. The policies are in line with the HR starting points of the Rijk Zwaan group as well as national law and culture. You will have a functional line to the Human Resources department in De Lier (The
Netherlands). A key area of focus for this position is, together with 2 HR advisors in your team, the recruitment and selection of big group of new colleagues at various levels and for various disciplines. Training and development – both job-related and skill-related – is also an important aspect within this role. You will be given plenty of scope to work on your own development and to take the initiative. We are looking for a colleague who is interested in and inspired by all aspects of professional human resources. This full time position will be based at our Rijk Zwaan Q-sem office, Nguruma Village near Tengeru, Arusha and will involve close contact with the other stations in the Arusha vicinity.
Service-oriented with good social skills
• You have a university degree in Human Research Management or related field and at least ten year relevant work experience.
• You have experience of evaluating and coaching people in a wide range of roles and at various levels.
• You are empathic and like to take the initiative, and you place a high value on quality.
• You are strongly intrinsically motivated, and you also take a pragmatic and enthusiastic approach to tackling projects.
• You are a people oriented manager who keeps the overview but is also interested to stay involved in the content.
• You have extensive knowledge of the Tanzanian Labour laws and the mediation and arbitration processes.
• You have good social skills and speak fluent Swahili and English. It is particularly important that the company culture outlined above regarding honesty and mutual respect appeals to you and that you are willing to be an ambassador for it.
How to Apply:
For more information about this vacancy and our company, please contact Vincent Mchaina - email@example.com .