Employer: Human Resource Consultant of Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Accounts Department
• Maintain integrity of Accounting system (Pastel), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times
• To prepare financial statements, complete monthly closing procedures, analyze revenues and expenditures to see whether they are correctly reported
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations, assist with tax audits, prepare tax returns
• To perform internal audit function through sites visits, physical and documents verification to ensure all Company's operational and financial policy and procedures are adhered to and report the findings to CEO.
Asset Management Duties;
• Ensure all company assets are monitored and accurately accounted for
• Ensure the fixed assets register is managed and maintained with strict adherence to "fixed assets register procedure
• On a monthly basis ensure the general ledger is reconciled to the assets register
• Collect relevant data / information useful for insurance review
Regulation & Statutory Compliance Duties:
• Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times
• On an annual basis reconcile salary taxes (PAYE, SDL, PPF, NSSF), corporate tax, City Service levy against general ledger for review by Management
• Ensure that monthly salaries and payroll taxes are completed and paid in time.
• On ongoing basis review company expenditure to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and requirements and reporting inconsistencies immediately to Financial Controller
• Ensure that annual returns are completed for approval by CEO prior to lodgment with TRA and other agencies.
• Collect and collate all necessary documentation in readiness and preparation of company tax return
People Management Duties:
• Make self available as a coach / mentor and assisting all who directly report to him to develop in their positions
• Ensure that relevant information is communicated to all who directly report to him to enable them to effectively carry out their functions
• Delegate tasks to all who directly report to him in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements
• Complete KPl assessment to all who directly report to him within Company specified time frame
• Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve workplace harmony within the organisation at all times
• Do any other duties assigned to him by Management
• Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication both verbal and written with a focus on building trusting long term relationships
• Ability to lead and manage a small team to achieve department and business finance demands
• Effective interaction with management together with maintaining a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work under minimum supervision, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in accounts and must be CA / CPA qualified.Knowledge and understanding of current trends and developments in accounting and Sage Pastel Package
• A minimum of Five years experience in a senior accounting position with leadership ability and must have supervised at least a minimum of three accountants in middle level management.
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV to:
P.O Box 34512
Wami Street Block B 843,Mikocheni B.
Dar e salaam
Only candidates that have met the above minimum requirements will be shortlisted.