Job Title: Registrar
Employer: Tanzania Institute of Bankers
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Nov 2013
• To promote, encourage and provide opportunities for members to acquire knowledge of the theory and practice of banking and to facilitate the consideration and discussion of matters of interest to bankers and persons associated with banks and financial institutions;
• To set, mark and conduct or approve examinations in banking subjects and accordingly to issue diplomas and certificates either alone or jointly with other educational or professional bodies.
• To act as a regulatory and disciplinary body for the banking profession and to promote professional integrity and ethics and to set standards for the banking profession.
• Management of the Institute is vested in the Governing Council constituted by the Bank of Tanzania and sponsoring Banks and Financial Institutions in the country.
The Institute's main objective, inter alia, is promoting and developing a banking qualification of international repute for professional career bankers who will be expected to run banks and other financial institutions in a reformed and competitive financial system. The Institute's banking profession and examination system is aligned to that of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London, United Kingdom (UK), East African Institutes of Bankers and Alliance of African Institutes of Bankers.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A holder of post-graduate qualification in Business Administration or Human Resources. The successful candidate must have proven experience in the relevant field in an academic Institution or bank administration with a post-qualification experience of not less than ten (10) years; five (5) of which must be in a similar responsible position.
• Age: Not exceeding 45 years
• Knowledge of computers and computer-based systems is desirable and essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To convene all General and Executive Committee Meetings when directed to do so by the Chairman or the Councilor the Executive Director.
• To keep all records of all General and Executive Committee meetings.
• To maintain and ensure the correctness of the Register of Members of the Institute.
• To advise the Executive Director on all matters of administration, personnel and membership of the Institute.
• To act as Secretary to the Governing Council, its Committees and Management Executive Committee.
• To advise on policies pertaining to human resources and administrative matters.
• To ensure that the conduct of business of the Governing Council and Committees is within the legal responsibilities and requirements as provided in the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Institute.
• To register and administer the TIOB membership admission process for submission to the Governing Council and its Committees.
• To be responsible for human resources administration and maintain proper records and data for staff.
• To ensure proper maintenance of Institute's properties and assets.
• To promote healthy industrial relations between management and staff as well as maintaining a sound public, membership and staff relations.
• To process in consultation with other heads of departments, recommendations for staff performance appraisals, promotion and related matters.
• To perform any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Council and the Executive Director.
How to Apply:
Candidates meeting the job requirements shall submit a written application with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Applicants shall indicate their contact postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers (both mobile and land line and fax numbers).
They shall also submit two names of referees who can be contacted for reference to:
The Executive Director
The Tanzania Institute of Bankers
10th Floor, NIC Investment House Samora Avenue/Mirambo Street
P. O. Box 8182
Dar Es Salaam