Employer: Walter Reed Program
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 4th Nov 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and support implementation of care and treatment, PMTCT, PITC and TB/HIV in Mbeya Region.
• Over first 6-12 months, work closely with PMTCT manager to help oversee role out of B-Plus activities in the Mbeya region.
• Provide direct supervision to WRP District Program Officers by organizing their supportive supervision schedule and providing field supervision on a weekly basis.
• Process supportive supervision reports generated by WRP District Program Officers and provide feedback to the facilities and summative reports to program headquarters.
• Mobilize program and RMO resources to respond to gaps identified by supportive supervision activities.
• Provide support to the Regional Medical Office and District Health Offices in planning, coordinating and supervision of regional wide scale up of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services and option B-Plus PMTCT.
• Technically support regional and district medical partners in developing work plans and budgets in collaboration with WRP Medical Department.
• Monitor and evaluate HIV care services in collaboration with HJFMRI M&E team, incorporating data into program development.
• Provide an ongoing programmatic, management and financial oversight of funded ART activities required by the project.
• Ensure improved linkages between health facility cares and community services provided by CHBC givers.
• Build capacity and provide technical support, project/program and financial managerial support to NGOs and CSOs as well as to formal and inform community groups engaged in HIV/AIDS, PEPFAR funded activities.
• Work closely with Outreach Coordinator to ensure strengthened linkage, coordination and partnership between the Regional/Council Health Management Teams(R/CHMTs), community local partners (NGOs/FBO) and their corresponding Council Multi-sector AIDS Committees (CMACs).
• Ensure optimal use of available resources for the program under his/her jurisdiction.
• Any other duties or assignment in the support of the program.
• Training as MD highly desired
• Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine with significant experience will be considered
• Masters in Public Health or equivalent desirable
• At least 5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programming and clinical experience in management of HIV/AIDS patients
• Excellent leadership and managerial skills
• Track record of data driven decision making
• Program Management experience desired
• Experience working with USG funded programs desirable
• Ability to travel at least 40% of the time within the region
• Clear understanding of Tanzanian health structure and system
• Diplomatic and culturally sensitive with excellent communications skills
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving
• Fluent in oral and written English
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to:
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396,
Or e-mailed; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.