Job Title: Rector, Institute Of Tax Administration (Rita)
Job Ref: TRA-Rita/10/13
Employer: Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th Oct 2013
To provide leadership and direction for the development of the Institute and manage its day-to-day operations under the general guidance of the Institute's Governing Council.
• Providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Institutes policies to ensure that they support delivery of the Institute Corporate Plan;
• Formulating appropriate policies for coordination and implementation of training programmes enshrined in the Authority's
• Annual Training Plan and designated to be conducted at ITA;
• Developing strategies and operational plans in order to achieve training and capacity building objectives of the Authority; Preparing and managing the Institute's annual plan and budget;
• Preparing and regularly submit periodic performance reports to the Director of Human Resources and Administration, ITA
• Governing Council and TRA Board;
• Recommending suitable and appropriate academic programmes, policies and procedures to the Governing Council; Promoting the image of the Institute amongst various stakeholders;
• Promoting efficiency in the academic activities related to training, research and consultancy;
• Managing resources and day-to-day affairs of the Institute; Managing all academic and administrative matters of the Institute;
• Facilitating learning (by teaching) of academic programmes in the Institute; and Acting as secretary to the Governing Council.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution;
• Higher academic standing (Senior Lecturer or above) preferably in Taxation, Customs, Economics, Law, Business Administration,
• Management or related fields;
• Ten (10) years of relevant working experience five (5) of which should be at managerial level;
• Outstanding academic and administrative experience with capabilities in the area of technical education and training in Taxation, Customs, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Management or related fields;
• Proven ability to develop and coordinate the implementation of the vision for an academic Institute; and
• Demonstrate ability to influence, persuade, and build coalitions, networks, high proven ability to encourage new ideas and development through motivation and support of staff and student.
Terms of Employment:
The Rector of the Institute shall be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
However, the incumbent shall hold office for a term of five (5) years and may be re-appointed consecutively for one more term of five (5) years.
On successful completion of two (2) terms the incumbent will perform teaching activities as a Senior lecturer or above as will be appropriate.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials, names of three referees with their contacts.
In addition, please state your current position, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic applications please quote the job reference number on the subject of your email. Applications should be submitted to the address below.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Executive Selection Division
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue
P.O. Box 1559
Dar es salaam,