Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Employer: FMCG Company
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 18th Oct 2013
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from the existing standards.
• Production Line Activities
• Ensure Bottle washer parameters are within Spec all the time. When Out of Spec take Appropriate Corrective action in Consultation with QCM /Shift Managers.
• Caustic strength and methylene blue are tested prior to startup and every after 4 hrs
• Caustic temperature is checked before startup and every after 4 hrs
• All sprays/jets are checked and ensure are working properly before startup and every after 4 hrs.
• Caustic carryover is done and no caustic carryover in all bottles (all bottles in the bottle carrier).
• Ensure Filling Process is assured by carrying out the following. When Out Of Spec is noticed take appropriate Corrective action In Consultation with QCM /Shift Managers.
• Filling valves are checked and adjusted before startup
• Any foaming valve during production to be corrected any time it is noticed
• Ensure crown crimping is checked before startup and every after 1 hr
• Ensure Fill Height is checked for all filling valves at start up and every after 1 hr
• Fill Content is checked once per shift on 25% of all filling valves and results attached in the line parameter log book
• Ensure Empty Bottle and Filled Bottle Inspectors carry out Bottle Inspection as required and they are rotated every 15 Min. Ensure Records exist to this activity.
• Ensure chip Necks removal happen properly as required at B/W infeed and at Empty Bottle Inspection station.
Quality Control Activities
• Final syrup brix is checked for each batch before making of control drink
• TA of control drink is done before batch startup and line TA is done twice per batch
• Inversion of 11` brix sucrose is done along with inversion of brix as is of the control drink
• Ensure proportioning is done as per SOP and all beverage parameters are within specifications i.e. brix and gas volume are within specification at startup.
• Ensure Gas Volume, Brix As- is and Invert Brix are within specs for first three bottles at start and every after 30 minutes.
• Ensure proper CIP is done as per SOP on the production line after production/during batch
• Change over.
• Ensure that the Plant Hygiene, House keeping and Good Manufacturing Practices are maintained all the time.
• The QC Technician is authorized to draw Finished Product from the line for testing. He is authorized to can quarantine finished product, which does not meet the Quality parameters.
• He is authorized to stop production process if the process is found to be not meeting performance standards as laid down.
• Inter-functional Interactions:
• The QC Supervisor has to interact with Production Shift Manager and Shift Supervisor to ensure the product is produced within Standard.
• Effective communication with maintenance and production Managers to ensure proper functioning of process control devices
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Quality and quantity of computer systems available to client departments
• Correct and timely installation of network hardware and software
• Effective troubleshooting
• Accuracy or completeness of instructions given to users
• Timely Support to users, measured in terms of minimum Complains
• Advanced Diploma or Degree in Food Science and Technology or a related field and at least 2 years working experience in similar responsibilities.
• By promotion of Quality Assurance Trainee who has demonstrated outstanding performance, and worked in that capacity for at least 2 years.
• Team player
• Time management
• Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Calibration of QC equipment and Process Equipment
• SOP implementation, and Housekeeping and GMP. Knowledge on Production line Unit Process
• Knowledge on Microbiologic Testing.
• Knowledge on Chemical Testing and Standardizations Methods
How to Apply:
Send your CV and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org