Job Title: Project Manager
Employer: RK Impact Consulting
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2013
• The initial stage of this project will involve research, planning, budgeting, facilitation, organization and implementation of all aspects of this Project, including developing cooperative relationship with authorities, suppliers, potential customers, airlines and any entity that is relevant to the “Meet and Assist” and Customer Lounge operations, facility and services.
• Aspects of the responsibilities will also include new business development and managing established client relations.
• In conjunction with the HQ team, set up a project plan and budget, and follow up on the milestones and achievement of the plan.
• Coordinate with the HQ team in Kuwait regarding project plan and implementation.
• Assist the legal team in setting up the legal entity of the company in Tanzania.
• Work with the HQ finance team in setting up the financial structure of the project, legalities and signing authorities for the entity.
• Engage in business development activities with potential clients to introduce products & services, with the objective of signing and closing deals with clients. Develop and establish new client base, and ensure ongoing account management with existing clientele.
• Establish relationships with various suppliers required for the buildup as well as the operation stage.
• Establish a relationship with airport authorities and any government entity relevant to the work of the project.
• Build and establish contact network in the facilitation, support and implementation of all aspects of the project and operational phase.
• Work with the HQ Human Resource department on the recruitment process for the start-up team of the project.
• Comply with the applicable laws, regulations and procedures of the Company and its’ customers
• Exercise due diligence towards Health & Safety of self & others within the organization and environment.
• Observe safety and quality of the function/task performed.
• Responsible for escalating to HQ any issues, occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect safety, security and company reputation.
• Accountable for ensuring application of explicit Integrated Management system (Quality, Environmental &
• Occupational Health & Safety) i.e. management policies, Processes & Procedures in accordance with Company’s
• Integrated Management System
• Keep abreast of global travel, safety/quality and market trends.
• Any other work that is relevant and necessary for the success of the project.
Key Performance Indicators
• Milestone achievement
• Project Plan execution and timely implementation
• Time management
• Network strength
Academics & Qualifications
• Minimum of B.A. in Business Administration or related field.
B. Professional Experience
• 3-5 years preferably in the aviation industry and/or hospitality industry in a similar role
C. Required Licenses/Certifications
• Project Management Certificate would be desired.
Professional Competencies & Personal Attributes:
• Ability to plan, executive and implement according to corporate and project plan strategies
• Strong ability to effectively negotiate with, communicate with and influence various stakeholder groups and government agencies
• Goals and results oriented.
• Self-motivated, independent and team worker.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and projects
• Strong Business Development and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills, time management, self-starter
• Proficiency in basic computer software
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Swahili languages are a must
• Physically and mentally fit for the job
How to Apply:
Before applying, candidates are requested to ensure their experience matches the criteria of above job profile.
Reference Subject Line: “Applicant | Personal Assistant”
Attachments Required: CV + Cover Letter + Degree, Diploma, Transcripts
Only qualified candidates will be contacted in the event of a profile match.