Job Title: Project Manager Hygiene, Health & Sanitation
Employer: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental agency, specializing in relief and community development activities through its partners. The agency provides equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, gender, religion or disability.
The Project Manager Hygiene, Health and will lead, coordinate, and manage water, sanitation, and hygiene (ClTS and WASH) activities being implemented in three districts and provide backstopping for and on behalf of UMATA/GSF. He/she will also ensure that health related activities are focused on the development of appropriate environmental health and behavioral change interventions as part of overall UMATA project.
• Program Execution: lead overall planning, execution, M&E coordination and reporting for consortium activities in Bahi, Chamwino and Kongwa Districts. The PM will compile activities reports for submission to CRS Program Director and other program stakeholders.
• Representation: The Project Manager will represent CRS at consortium and overall UMATA Program level. Be the key point person for SG S, 6 and 7 Hygiene, sanitation and health activities.
• Staff management: The project Manager will supervise, lead, mentor and coach health, hygiene and sanitation Project Officers (6) in the three districts, one accountant and one M&E Project Officer. She/he will also ensure that Performance management is consistent and supportive.
• Master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, sociology or related fields or a BSc and equivalent experience. At least 3-5 years' demonstrated experience implementing Community led Total Sanitation ((lTS), and 5-8 years working in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) Programming
• Experience implementing participatory approaches such as PHAST, CHAST and Barrier Analysis, experience in formative research would be an added advantage
• Knowledge and understanding of gender analysis and transformation in rural communities Good communication skills, good capacity to work in a multi-cultural team.
• Experience managing Projects with strong M&E skills, and staff supervision
• Ability and willingness to work long hours in the field, to work independently, meet deadlines and keep supervisor informed.
• Knowledge of, and skill in using, various computer software including Word, Excel and Outlook Fluency in Swahili and English
How to Apply:
If you are interested and meet these minimum qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com , copying Ms. lucy Massawe, Human Resources Officer, CRS Tanzania at firstname.lastname@example.org.