Job Title: Project Manager
Employer: RK Impact Consulting Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 26th Oct 2013
• In conjunction with the HQ team, set up a project plan and budget, and follow up on the milestones and achievement of the plan.
• Coordinate with the HQ team in Kuwait regarding project plan and implementation.
• Assist the legal team in setting up the legal entity of the company in Tanzania.
• Work with the HQ finance team in setting up the financial structure of the project, legalities and signing authorities for the entity.
• Engage in business development activities with potential clients to introduce products & services, with the objective of signing and closing deals with clients. Develop and establish new client base, and ensure ongoing account management with existing clientele.
• Establish relationships with various suppliers required for the buildup as well as the operation stage.
• Establish a relationship with airport authorities and any government entity relevant to the work of the project.
• Build and establish contact network in the facilitation, support and implementation of all aspects of the project and operational phase.
• Work with the HQ Human Resource department on the recruitment process for the start-up team of the project.
• Comply with the applicable laws, regulations and procedures of the Company and its’ customers
• Exercise due diligence towards Health & Safety of self & others within the organization and environment.
• Observe safety and quality of the function/task performed.
• Responsible for escalating to HQ any issues, occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect safety, security and company reputation.
• Accountable for ensuring application of explicit Integrated Management system (Quality, Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety) i.e. management policies, Processes & Procedures in accordance with Company’s Integrated Management System
• Keep abreast of global travel, safety/quality and market trends.
• Any other work that is relevant and necessary for the success of the project.
Key Performance Indicators
• Milestone achievement
• Project Plan execution and timely implementation
• Time management
• Network strength
Academics | Qualifications
• Minimum of B.A. in Business Administration or related field.
B. Professional Experience
• 3-5 years preferably in the aviation industry and/or hospitality industry in a similar role
C. Required Licenses/Certifications
• Project Management Certificate would be desired.
Professional Competencies | Personal Attributes:
• Ability to plan, executive and implement according to corporate and project plan strategies
• Strong ability to effectively negotiate with, communicate with and influence various stakeholder groups and government agencies
• Goals and results oriented.
• Self-motivated, independent and team worker.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and projects
• Strong Business Development and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills, time management, self-starter
• Proficiency in basic computer software
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Swahili languages are a must
• Physically and mentally fit for the job
How to Apply:
Before applying, candidates are requested to ensure their experience matches the
criteria of above job profile.
Reference subject line: “applicant | personal assistant”
Attachments required: CV + Cover Letter + Degree, Diploma, Transcripts
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted in the event of a profile match.