Employer: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile, analyze and update all project reports, review technical reports and make recommendations and Submit to the NPC and MTIM management for appropriate action;
• Support the NPC with information for the financial management decisions of the project;
• Monitor technical activities carried out by other trade related MDAs and recommend possible areas of collaboration to the NPC and MITM;
• Provide Technical support to MITM in mainstreaming trade in the annual plans and programmes;
• Responsible for budget management and assisting the accounting for the funds
• Maintain sound financial and project databases to monitor and control expenditures with generally accepted accounting and administrative principles and practices and ensure that resources are transparently accounted for;
• Any other relevant duties that the NPC and other senior staff of the MTIM NIU may assign from time to time.
• Oversee the work of Project Associate in the effective implementation of TIER 1 activities in Zanzibar
Academic, Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Masters degree in economics, commerce, international trade or accountancy
• At least 3 years relevant work experience in the areas of trade development, project or programme management and implementation.
• Familiarity with government administrative procedures as well as UNDP National Implementation modalities in implementing project.
• Knowledge of and ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative project data Results-oriented, self moving and flexible with proven ability to deliver under pressure.
Type of contract:Service Contract
Your encouraged to read the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) available at website www.tz.undp.org through well before applying. NOTE: after initial submission, you will be prompted to upload your CV in addition, upload a copy of updated P 11 form, which is mandatory and downloadable from the website www.tz.undp.org .
Qualified females are encouraged to apply.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.