Job Title: Project Accountant
Employer: John Snow Inc
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 18th Oct 2013
• Review and approve travel expense report claims.
• Review all invoices to ensure compliance with all USAID and JSI financial management and accounting policies and regulations.
• Manage communication with vendor on submission and payment of invoices.
• Review zonal office monthly expenditure claims and manage zonal office cash flow.
• Prepare monthly cell phone recharge.
• Do QuickBooks data entry/receipts vouchers in the system as necessary.
• Prepare, process and reconcile payments using mobile money
• Ensure a regular communications with Office Manager and Procurement Specialist for all financial related matters.
• Assist with the distribution of per diem payments during field activities.
• Support the JSI finance and accounting unit with all other tasks as assigned.
• Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the project management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor degree in accounting.
• Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting system
• Excellent verbal and written English.
• Ability to take initiative and work in teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
• Experience with a USAID-funded project is strongly desired.
• Ability and willingness to travel within Tanzania if required.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
*The Project Accountant will work under the guidance of the Senior Project Accountant or a designated Supervisor.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions based on qualification, experience and salary history.
Submission may be sent to the address below not later than Friday 18th October, 2013
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful. JSI is an equal opportunity employer.
Only online applications will be considered on the website link below