Job Title: Program Officer Clinical Services
Employer: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation [EGPAF]
Duty Station: Tabora
Application Deadline: 18th Oct 2013
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation [EGPAF] supports Tanzania's Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and other stakeholders in the roll out and strengthening of a broad scale up of HIV programs through a District approach. Supported programs include comprehensive and integrated Reproductive & Child Health and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) services in seven regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Tabora, Lindi and Mtwara); HIV Care and Treatment services
(C&T) in four regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Tabora and Lindi); and community based HIV support services, including Home Based Care (HBC) in three regions on mainland Tanzania (Mwanza, Pwani and Tabora) and on Zanzibar.
Reports to: Regional Program Coordinator
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Co-ordination of district support to provide Integrated HIV/AIDS Services
• Work closely with sub-grantees to coordinate program planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis, TB/HIV collaborative activities and Care and Treatment services.
• Liaise with laboratory and SCM EGPAF teams to support supply chain management services that ensures availability of HIV commodities at all levels within the districts
• Work with Laboratory and SCM EGPAF teams to assists district to ensure availability of HIV commodities and maintain continuous communication with MSD
• Liaise with community program staff within EGPAF to coordinate linkages and referral networks within the supported districts.
• Provide technical inputs and assistance to districts to build capacity of district and health facility integrated HIV/AIDS services
• In collaboration with districts supervisors and EGPAF TCB team to assess skills development -and training needs, coordinate relevant training for healthcare workers.
• Conduct supportive supervision in close collaboration with district teams
• In collaboration with district supervisor and mentors, assist districts in data collection, compilation, analysis and reporting to government structures and EGPAF
• Coach sub-grantees in proposal writing i.e. prioritizing activities, development of work plans and budgeting
• Work with districts in enhancing collaboration amongst HIVIAIDS implementing partners Assist districts in setting up mechanisms to strengthen HIV I AIDS continuum of care and client retention
• Interact with district mentors to assess needs and provide technical support where need identified.
• Provide support to districts and their facilities to have up to date guidelines, SOPs, registers and reporting formats available.
• Support districts in providing technical assistance to health facilities on HIV commodity management
• Program monitoring
• Monitor districts to utilize the obligated fund in the given program according the agreement in the proposals
• Monitor districts and other sub grantees to implement program year activities according to their work plan
• Prepare follow up action plans of support provided and monitor its implementation
• Write trip reports and submit to the Regional Program Coordinator as required in a proper and timely manner
• Assist districts and their respective sites in analyzing data of all program components (RCHI PMTCT, EID, C&T, TB collaborative activities, community services and SCM to achieve planned targets
• Provide support to districts to conduct quarterly review meetings to discuss program performance
• Assist district to monitor flow of HIV commodities to avoid overstock and stock outs
• In collaboration with Grants Officers (Gas), ensure timely financial cash requesting and provision of funds to subs as well as making follow up of program progress VS financial use.
• Documentation of Best Practices and Learnings
• Identify and write on best practices, program briefs and success stories.
• Share and disseminate lessons learnt from sites with all relevant stakeholders and serve as a technical resource for districts and sites
Qualifications and Experience:
• Medical degree or equivalent, Registered Nurse with a degree
• Masters in Public health would be advantageous
• 3 years exp r' with HIVIAIDS Programs is essential
• Report writing skills
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages -a (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Outlook) M Should be fluent in both Kiswahili and English
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions may be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager, EGPAF,
P.O. BOX 1628,
Oysterbay, Haile Selasie Road Plot # 8 & 10, Dar es Salaam,
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all.