Employer: Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Duty Station: Shinyanga
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
• The Program Officer Community Linkage will function as part of the team to provide technical leadership in facilitating collaboration and networking between the facilities based activities for Care & Treatment, PMTCT and Family Planning with the ongoing HIV/AIDS related services in the community.
• To ensure effective linkages within the health facilities and follow-up mechanism for Care & Treatment adults, positive pregnant women and exposed children are in place.
• Share experiences of implementing community linkages with AGPAHI Staff and other implementing partners
• Work with program officers to facilitate networks and linkages between the sub-grantees with potential Organization that are involved in supporting PLHIV (in cancelling, nutrition and income generating programs) in the project sites
• Work with the sites to strengthen linkages within different departments and programs of the health facilities
• Represent the Organization in different collaboration meetings between government and other NGOs that focus on strengthening continuum of care in the community.
• Provide mentorship on community linkage related activities to staff and service providers at AGPAHI supported sites.
• Strengthen capacity of partners and PLHIV support groups in improving community linkages
• Conduct routine site visits for technical support and improvement of performance in related program areas
• Provide technical support in best approaches for improving referrals and follow – up of clients in the community
• Work closely with Senior Program Officer, Communication & Community Outreach; Participate in development and transition of IEC materials for community support.
• Organize trainings for counselors in the AGPAHI supported sites
• Monitor implementations of community linkage activities by the sub grantees
• Initiate regional meetings for HIV/AIDs partners to increase networking in the AGPAHI supported areas
• Participate in preparation and planning for different AGPAHI community based meetings
• Together with Senior Program Officer, Communication & Community Outreach, take leadership in identifying Organization community success stories for publications
• Compile and prepare monthly, quarterly , semi-annual and annual programmatic report on community linkage activities
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and ability:
• Advance Diploma, Degree or equivalent, (in Social Sciences or Community Development) preferably with Master’s degree relevant to the position
• Preference will be given to the following:
• Knowledge in HIV/AIDS and the Tanzania Government structures
• Proven experience in working with rural communities in problem identification, setting solutions/planning and implementation.
How to Apply:
AGPAHI is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but ONLY qualified candidate should submit a CV and a cover letter to support your eligibility for advertised posts. Documents submitted electronically should have the candidates name as well as post applying for. For more information about each advertised position please send request through email address below.
Submissions may be sent to:
Executive Director, AGPAHI
P.O. BOX 38252
Plot 373, Mtitu Street,
Dar es Salaam,