Job Title: Procurement Advisor (1 Position)
Employer: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Oct 2013
• Serve as a member of the Procurement team, working closely with other team members in conducting the local and if necessary international procurement in support of the PEPFAR funded purchase of HIV/AIDS Commodities, especially lab commodities, medicines and medical equipment.
• Lead the process to establish procurement contracts with local equipment and supply vendors, coordinating tenders and negotiations with SCMS and JSI headquarters financial and contracts management staff, and ensuring that all applicable FAR guidelines are followed and all required waivers and documentation is in place.
• Responsible for reviewing completeness and accuracy of all documentation from product ordering to the actual delivery of goods, confirming arrival of the right quantity and quality of delivered SCMS consignments.
• Use CRM and Orion (web-based SCMS shipment and financial tracking software) to enter Price Requests (PRs) to produce and analyze shipment tracking reports to provide quality MIS data for SCMS Senior Management.
• Work with SCMS headquarters, SCMS Country Director, and SCMS clients, to ensure that Price Quotes (PQs) are dutifully approved, prior to issuing purchase orders to suppliers, and that the procurement is within the established budget (from the budget tracking tool).
• Work with national counterparts and JSI/SCMS teams to identify needs and requirements for importation waivers, draft importation waivers and seek appropriate approvals.
• Follow up on waiver processing to ensure timely shipping of all goods.
• Ensure availability and proper maintenance of auditable records for all SCMS procured items, including approved supply plans and supporting documentation: PRs, PQs, bid evaluations with memorandum of Negotiation, purchase orders, invoices, quality assurance documentation, and proof of delivery as stipulated in SCMS SOPs.
• Ensure timely sharing of information with the Demand planning team and system strengthening team on expected delivery dates of all HIV/AIDS commodities procurements.
• Provide monthly and quarterly cash flow needs for local procurement to the JSI Operations Office to ensure timely payment of local suppliers.
• Ensure proper use all applicable SCMS procurement tools to conduct procurement activities as per SCMS SOPs.
• Liaise with SCMS headquarters colleagues in the Procurement Management Office and In-Country Operations Management to ensure compliance with SCMS project requirements and procurement best practices.
• Ensure timely production of periodic reports on local procurement as required by JSI, SCMS and clients.
• Maintain relationship with JSI and SCMS headquarters procurement specialists to keep abreast of all new organization and project wise developments in procurement.
• Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor or the Country Director
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Higher qualification in Public Health or Procurement and logistic professions with experience in handling health commodities procurement.
• Knowledge of US government procurement regulations.
• Experience in logistics/supply chain management including supply planning and public health procurement commodities management desirable.
• Experience in working both with the Government of Tanzania and other NGO’s preferred as well as working experience in the pharmaceutical private sector.
• Working experience in international management and procurement of pharmaceuticals
• Excellent written and verbal English.
• Ability to prepare and present technical reports.
• Ability to work on a team to develop strategies, implementation of projects and in a setting of performance based monitoring and evaluation
• Strong coordination and leadership skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects desirable.
• Proficiency in common computer packages (eg. ORION) relevant to the work.
• Able to travel locally and internationally whenever need arise
The Procurement Advisor will work under the guidance of the Director of Field Office Managed Procurement or a designated Supervisor.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions based on qualification, experience and salary history.
Submission may be sent to:
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer.