Job Title: Principal (One Post)
Employer: Centre for Feminist Leadership
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 5th Nov 2013
• Providing conceptual and methodological leadership in delivery of quality gender training products and services, monitoring and impact evaluating.
• Overseeing expanded development and updating of GTI curriculum, training manuals and materials, tools and methodologies for enhancing feminist/gender, participatory animation, and analytical capacities of development actors at different levels within and outside the country.
• Ensuring the institute imparts knowledge relevant for the changing national and international political and social economic context.
• Mobilization and management of resources for the sustainability of the institute.
• Coordinating programme development and management.
• Providing overall leadership of the Institute.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
• Should hold a Masters Degree in social sciences or equivalent.
• Minimum of five years experience in training and management
• Should be grounded in feminist theory and ideology
• Proven experience in Resource mobilization and fundraising
• Strong skills in Gender analysis and planning Strong skills research/ analytical skills.
• Skills in participatory and animation methodology
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to integrate diverse contributions from staff, Board of Directors and volunteers.
• Practical knowledge of financial management and grant making systems
• Marketing skills.
• Coordination, supervision, management with bias towards participatory styles of management and collective decision-making
• Excellent written and verbal skills relevant to cross cultural work; good public speaking skills.
• Good computer skills; Microsoft Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two writing samples of up to five pages each; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within three weeks from date of first appearance this advertisement.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and the youth are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
GTI: Centre for Feminist Leadership,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam,
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.