Employer: Tanzania Institute of Bankers
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Nov 2013
• To promote, encourage and provide opportunities for members to acquire knowledge of the theory and practice of banking and to facilitate the consideration and discussion of matters of interest to bankers and persons associated with banks and financial institutions;
• To set, mark and conduct or approve examinations in banking subjects and accordingly to issue diplomas and certificates either alone or jointly with other educational or professional bodies.
• To act as a regulatory and disciplinary body for the banking profession and to promote professional integrity and ethics and to set standards for the banking profession.
• Management of the Institute is vested in the Governing Council constituted by the Bank of Tanzania and sponsoring Banks and Financial Institutions in the country. The Institute's main objective, inter alia, is promoting and developing a banking qualification of international repute for professional career bankers who will be expected to run banks and other financial institutions in a reformed and competitive financial system. The Institute's banking profession and examination system is aligned to that of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London, United Kingdom (UK), East African Institutes of Bankers and Alliance of African Institutes of Bankers.
Qualifications and Experience
• A qualified Secretary from a reputable /recognized College with minimum form IV education who completed Secretarial Course with the following:
(i) Typing Stage III
• Typing speed not less than 50 w.p.m.
• Tabulation Stage III
• Manuscript Stage III
(ii) Office Practice Stage II
(iii) Secretarial Duties Stage II
(iv) Shorthand or Hatimkato not less than 100 w.p.m.
• Must have attended courses relevant to the described duties and must have post-qualification experience of not less than 8 years.
• Knowledge of computer and computer based systems such as word processing and spreadsheet is desirable and essential.
Age: Not exceeding 30 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To perform typing work of letters, statements, tables, charts and miscellaneous forms, minutes, circulars etc.
• To handle all Secretarial duties including taking dictation work.
• To maintain records of appointments.
• To handle confidential correspondence.
• To handle general office administrative duties including arrangement of papers for meetings and assist in preparation of meetings.
• To arrange for the requirements of meetings and serve the members during such meetings by providing drinks/refreshments as appropriate.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the respective superiors.
These posts carry competitive remuneration packages to commensurate with the status of the position according to Institute's scheme of service.
How to Apply:
Candidates meeting the job requirements shall submit a written application with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates. Applicants shall indicate their contact postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers (both mobile and land line and fax numbers). They shall also submit two names of referees who can be contacted for reference to:
The Executive Director
The Tanzania Institute of Bankers
10th Floor, NIC Investment House Samora Avenue/Mirambo Street
P. O. Box 8182
Dar Es Salaam