Job Title: Personal Assistant
Employer: RK Impact Consulting Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 26th Oct 2013
The Personal Assistant will provide full range of administrative support services to Chief Executive Officer|MD and assist
senior management (as directed) on day-to-day matters and in coordinating activities, travels and deliverables, as
required. In conjunction with the Front Office Receptionist, the PA will ensure smooth operation of the office facilities
and maintenance of workplace equipment, amenities, stationary and supplies. The PA will use his/her superior
organizational and administrative skills to facilitate maximum productivity, organization and effective workflows of CEO’s
• Calendaring management, information/communication processing (incoming calls, mail, faxes, emails, etc.) and document production;
• Support, organize and assist CEO|MD and senior management (as directed), including alerting on outstanding issues and follow-ups (ongoing/daily);
• Attend meetings, take minutes/action items, assist in special projects, contribute in discussions/areas needing overall improvement to the efficiency of the administrative processes and customer service;
• Assist in preparation of documents, reports and presentation material;
• Organize and manage external and internal meetings (invitations, RSVPs, preparation of presentation kits, distribution, room/equipment set-up, catering, servicing, thank you letters, etc.).
• Organize and manage all aspects of out of town business travel, including flight, hotel, car and related reservations. Confirm meetings, update calendars and prepare complete program and travel kits for the traveler in preparation for the trip.
• Complete and process expense reports, conference/course registration, etc. and follow up with relevant internal departments to expedite processing and issuance of reimbursement.
• Provide back-up relief to other administrators during vacations, illness and other absences, and during peak periods on time sensitive projects.
• Build and establish excellent rapport and working relationships with external offices, clients, vendors and suppliers.
• Comply with company’s relevant Health & Safety, Employee/HR, Operations and any other relevant policies and procedures.
• Any other work that is relevant and necessary for the success of the project.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Milestone Goals & Objectives achievement
• Administration & Coordination Management
• Organizational & Time Management
Qualifications ,Skills and Experience
• Successful completion of highest Secondary level education
• Must possess higher level Administrative Assistant or Executive
• Assistant Diploma or Certificate.
• Diploma in Business Administration would be an asset.
• 3 years of executive-level administrative support experience.
• Proven skills in administration, coordination and management of executive or senior management office.
Professional Competencies and Personal Attributes:
• Top notch computer skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. High comfort level in mastering other software programs. Proficient in undertaking web research and information extractionAbility to effectively and successfully executive and implement assigned administrative functions and projects.
• Strong ability to effectively communicate with and establish professional relations with various stakeholder groups, VIPs, clients, vendors and suppliers.
• Strong prioritizing, organizational and time management skills.
• Goals and results oriented.
• Self-motivated, independent and team worker.
• Strong organizational skills, time management, self-starter
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Swahili languages are a must.
• Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written – Proficiency in English
• Language. Kiswahili is highly desired.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Demonstrate ability to take instructions, use initiative, and work independently.
• A general willingness to be flexible in work habits and assigned tasks. Adaptable and comfortable in less than fully structured environment.
• Professional presence; self-confident, friendly, approachable, and a good sense of humor.
How to Apply:
Before applying, candidates are requested to ensure their experience matches the criteria of above job profile.
Reference subject line: “applicant | personal assistant”
Attachments required: CV + Cover Letter + Degree, Diploma, Transcripts
Only qualified candidates will be contacted in the event of a profile match.