Job Title: Peer Educator (PE) - 1 Post
Employer: Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI)
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 29th Oct 2013
• Provide technical assistance and educational services to clients, health care professionals, area schools, and other organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as a liaison with physicians, nurses, laboratory directors, and other professionals to influence HIV and AIDS intervention and prevention.
• Overseer the implementation of peer education with youths and volunteers focusing on sustainable treatment program and prevention of HIV and AIDS Monitor the implementation of peer education activities by peer educators in accordance with agreed program performance measures
• Participates in off-site community outreach services as scheduled children and youth welfare.
• Develop plans and budgets for peer education activities with Baylor staff for a given time frame in line Baylor's planning and financial guidelines
• Work collaborative with Baylor staff to identify peer educators
• Build the capacity of through training about peer education and maintain participation in project development activities in line with Baylor Tanzania standards
• Carry out monitoring and evaluation exercises of planned activities with the M and E team for peer education in accordance with the program evaluation guidelines
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree/Diploma in the relevant Social Science field (Psychology, Social Work and so forth)
• At least 2 years experience in HIV Related work Peer or near peerage
• Communication, working with youth, formulating strategies and concepts, planning and organizing, open about HIV status.
• Interest in healthy lifestyle practices & a good role-model
• Able to approach and speak to children and adolescents
• Comfort working independently & in groups
• Willing to work in a collaborative environment
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed curriculum vitae with a cover letter describing their adequacy and suitability for the role.
The application should be written in English, with the subject line indicating your full name and the job title. Please send your CV and covering letter to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Mbeya
P. O. Box 2663,
You can hand deliver it to our offices near Loleza Secondary School Mbeya, we are in the Mbeya Referral Hospital compound.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted