Job Title: Pediatrician and/or Medical Officer (Two Posts)
Employer: Baylor- Tanzania
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 14th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordination and scheduling of clinical staff activities. On a daily basis, to asses and revise staff assignments as necessary to assure adequate coverage of all program activities and to ensure efficient patient flow
• Attending to patients in the pediatric wards of the Zonal Referral Hospital, the Baylor Tanzania Centre of Excellence and in outreach facilities. . '
• Providing education to medical trainees regarding pediatric and general HI V /AIDS care.
• Providing technical assistance to health care providers in pediatric and general HIV/AIDS prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment and complications both within the COE as well as in outside facilities.
• Actively participate in CME activities and other meetings in all clinical 'and educational settings.
• Other specific tasks as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills:
• Masters of Medicine in Pediatrics/Medical degree from a recognized and accredited medical school.
• Registered by the Tanganyika Medical Council as a Medical Doctor with at least two years of working experience Excellence in general pediatric medical care
• Familiarity with general HIV care and treatment
• Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet computer programs
• Knowledge of computer skills is an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor - Tanzania, apply in confidence by submitting an application, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and' the names and contact information for three referees electronically to the following email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation - Mbeya
P. O. Box 2663,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.