Job Title: Nurse – Two Posts
Employer: Baylor- Tanzania
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 14th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide technical support in basic assessment and triage i.e. monitoring and recording vital signs, growth-and development monitoring; including weight and height assessment using plotted growth charts To provide capacity building in identifying patients who need immediate attention
• Assist doctors to do investigations and procedures
• Attend COE and district coordination meetings
• To coordinate smooth flow of patients to different areas of the PHFS identified health facilities
• To support patients and their caregivers by providing information about HIV/AIDS and helping them to solve problems to optimize their care and treatment
• To identify cases for referral and discussion with other members of the COE care and treatment team and also provide enhanced patient care
• Assist in establishing an escort system to patients 'to their referral units/wards.
• To provide education to medical trainees regarding pediatric and general HIV/AIDS care
• To provide technical assistance to health care providers and community workers in identifying PHFS sites in integration of RCH services with NACS, IYCF, postpartum and quality improvement.
• Providing onsite coaching, mentoring and on job training to health care providers.
Qualifications / Skills:
• Registered or enrolled nurse with minimum of 3 years experience Registered by the Tanganyika Nurses and Midwives Council Training in HIV/AIDS from a recognized institution
• Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to work as part of a team
• Counseling skills is an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor - Tanzania, apply in confidence by submitting an application, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and' the names and contact information for three referees electronically to the following email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation - Mbeya
P. O. Box 2663,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.