Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor—Partnership for Growth Component, Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project, Tanzania
Employer: Management Systems International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
Company Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. Since its 1981 founding, MSI has grown in size and technical scope, now implementing and managing more than 70 projects worldwide. More than 30 are long-term, many in conflict-prone or fragile states that include Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Today, our range of technical expertise includes analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, strategic planning, organizational capacity building, health and the justice sector. MSI focuses on helping our local partners foster progress, manage change and improve the effectiveness of development assistance. We expanded our global footprint in 2008 by becoming part of Coffey, a leading geoscience, international development and project management firm, and a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange. Alongside Coffey, MSI has corporate offices in 17 countries. Together, MSI and Coffey employ more than 1,400 professionals worldwide. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The anticipated three-year USAID-funded Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project will provide on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, evaluation of the impact, output and outcome results and environmental compliance of the USAID/Tanzania program portfolio, covering the following technical areas:
Democracy and Governance
Partnership for Growth Initiative
MSI is recruiting for a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to be embedded in the Government of Tanzania (GOT), directly supervising the Partnership for Growth (PFG) component for the project.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Tanzanian citizenship will be considered.**
• To facilitate performance monitoring and evaluation as indicated in PFG work plans and score cards. Conduct and/or facilitate data collection and reports preparation, follow-up on communication and logistical needs from pertinent ministries and agencies
• Work regularly with the GOT-PFG secretariat housed at the President's Office of Planning Commission.
• Coordinate M&E efforts with the USAID/Tanzania mission and other GOT offices (e.g. PMO).
• Develop and implement a strategy that will ensure sustainability of performance monitoring & evaluation process even after the five-year implementation of PFG.
• Coordinate and be responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
• Facilitate training and capacity building of M & E staff and/or units from different GOT ministries & agencies.
• A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Statistics or Economics with tenyears of demonstrated experience in M&E systems design, management and implementing development projects at a senior level; or a Master’s degree with minimum of five years demonstrated experience in the requested field
• Experience and knowledge in working with GOT and monitoring and System framework of MKUKUTA.
• Proven experience working within the GOT (former GOT employee will be preferred).
• Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating performance monitoring plans.
• Demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects in East and Southern Africa.
• Experience leading an evaluation team.
• Familiarity with current USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
• Fluent speaking Kiswahili language is required.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.