Employer: MIHAMBOS Technologies & General Supply Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Oct 2013
• Provide technical support to clients on problems related to Networks and related services both on telephone as well as on site.
• Create and implement viable solutions, follow through to ensure problem is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
• Ensure that no trouble ticket or clients complain remains pending and present a
• thorough daily, weekly and Monthly customer service reports to the Management.
• Drive the design and deployment of new installations of network systems at multiple locations
• Design and implement high performance, WAN/LAN/SAN infrastructure
• Support production operations environment including multiple servers, networking, batch processing, backup and related activities.
• Employ innovative thought and automation to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
• Identify and evaluate new technology
• Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues
• Find and improve performance issues
• Work closely with other parts of the business to identify areas of high opportunity
• Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
• Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
• Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
• Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
• Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
• Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Takes lead on complex investigating both internal and external frauds and/or forgery cases and documenting and maintaining case files on investigations
• Liaison with and files police reports and following up with local and federal law enforcement on open investigations
• Coordinates / Reviews and documents annual branch security surveys
• Maintaining liaison within the market to which they are assigned with Federal and local Law Enforcement and security vendors
• Coordinating physical security projects
• First responder for crisis situations in the market to which they are assigned
• Periodic branch reviews to insure that security standards are being followed
• Provide periodic security training to branch and market personnel
• Any other duties as assigned by the Management
• Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering and current Cisco Certifications (CCNP/CCIE) and Security Certification preferred.
• Experience in QOS, Wireless and VOIP both implementation and support
• Professional knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers, Exchange, Oracle and SQL database and SQL experience is a plus.
• Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus.
• Deep understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
• Experience in security standards and security controls
• Experience in troubleshooting/supporting wireless technologies
• F5 and Firewall experience
• Cisco Switching
• Cisco Routing (BGP, OSPF, MPLS)
• Data Center Operations
• Packet capture and analysis
• Performance analysis and troubleshooting
• Eager to work in a collaborative, team environment.
• Able and willing to do critical strategy work all the way through hands on implementation.
How to Apply:
Forward your application letter together with copies of your certificates & CV, a colored passport size, with three referees, to:
MIHAMBOS Technologies & General Supply Limited
P.O. Box 107,
NOTE: All the positions require the candidates;
I. To stay in Urambo (or Tabora Municipal)
II. To indicate when you would be available to start the job, and your current salary
level and expectations.
III. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.