Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Sectoral Specialists (Tanzanian Nationals)- USAID/Tanzania M&E Services
Employer: The QED Group, LLC
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2013
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
The QED Group is seeking Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialists for anticipated long-term assignments on the upcoming three–year USAID Tanzania M&E Services Program. The goal of this activity is to provide USAID/Tanzania substantive support with the collection of qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in assessing and evaluating the newly developed Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) development hypothesis through performance monitoring and reporting, annual evaluations of project achievements, and assessments of geographic or sectoral impacts across the Mission’s portfolio of projects in health, natural resource management, democracy & governance, and education. Evaluations performed under this project will contribute to the re-design of new, evidence-based follow-on activities and programs.
M&E Specialists are sought for three primary areas / sectors:
Agriculture / NRM
Econ Growth / Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The M&E Specialists will assist the sr. M&E Team leader in providing quality M&E support to the USAID Mission and its implementing partners, including
• Improving M&E tools and plans, data collection and analysis, web-based reporting systems, knowledge dissemination and coordination and reporting
• Building M&E capacity within the AID mission, implementing partners and the GOT
• Planning, designing, scheduling, managing and conducting quality control performance and impact evaluations.
• At least five years (5) years of relevant M&E experience in in one of the above sectors.
• Experience in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting preferred;
• Previous experience on USAID or other donor-funded evaluations and familiarity with USAID evaluation policy and approach.
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
They must reflect significant experience in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, environmental compliance, management information systems, information management design and training, program management, and working in challenging political environments.
The candidates must be able to work comfortably with a variety of stakeholders, including USAID and USG representatives, senior-level Government of Tanzania officials, NGO representatives, community service organizations, and project participants. Innovative mixes and combinations of technical, research, and management specialties and expertise are encouraged.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position please click the “Apply Now” link at and then:
1. Submit your current resume and cover letter.
2. Complete and submit the attached 1420 biodata sheet.
If you have difficulties with this application process, please send CV to: Recruitment@QEDGroupLLC.com with “Uganda M&E Sectoral Specialist” in the subject line.