Job Title: Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation
Employer: Ariel Glaser Pediatric Aids Healthcare Initiative
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
Roles and Responsibilities:
• M&E Leadership and capacity building for the AGPAHI
• The MEM is responsible for the leadership, management, training and development of M&E program staff in the head office and the regional office (currently 1) and the M&E data assistants
• Provide technical assistant to all the M&E and Data staff which should include, but is not limited to: M&E techniques, data collection, data analysis, data use in decision-making and data reporting;
• building AGPAHI staff capacity to train sites in M&E techniques, data collection, data analysis, data use in decision-making and data reporting;
• Provide technical supervisory to all field office M&E and Data officers to be able to perform their duties accordingly.
• Coordinating process of reporting and create an awareness of the rationale and importance of data collection and reporting for staff at AGPAHI office and at its sites
• Oversee and assure all programmatic reporting required by AGPAHI , including CDC and other donors quarterly reports, MOH reports, PEPFAR semiannual reports, success stories and any request for information from CDC, or other stakeholders; in doing so working closely with CDC Strategic Information Officer and other implementing partners Strategic Information and Research to assure appropriate reporting;
• Create an awareness of the rationale and importance of data collection and reporting for staff at AGPAHI office and at its sites;
• Coordinate and assure timely, accurate and complete data entry into the global web based database.
• Work with our Stakeholders M&E staff to manage data base so as to provide reports for AGPAHI, donors and other stakeholders on program achievements.
• Coordinate and support the process of critical review of data and data collection tools used at health facility sites against the required reports that AGPAHI has to produce; provide advice and assistance in improving these tools; streamline the process from data collection to the production of reports;
Monitoring & Evaluation of AGPAHI programs to ensure proper and timely implementation of activities toward achieving the program goals:
• The MEM is responsible for all monitoring and evaluation activities that need to be performed in AGPAHI national programs including, but not limited to: data collection, data cleaning, data analysis, reporting and the provision of constructive feedback (to sub-grantees, AGPAHI staff and other stakeholders);
• Coordinating the process of tracking all planned activities and make sure that they are implemented according to the work plan.
• Ensure proper documentation of the program achievements and dissemination of information to relevant stakeholders.
• Work with technical staff in setting, monitoring and achieving program goals and targets in each program year;
• Assist sub grantees in setting, monitoring and achieving program goals and targets in each program year;
• Ensuring that the data produced by AGPAHI supported facilities is of required quality and that the information from these data is used to influence decision making:
• Review the available SOP on data quality assurance and enhance the use of these SOP at all level of information flow;
• Use the SOP and guideline for data use at different level of information use.
• Create awareness of using data generated at different level and coordinate the forums for data use from lower level to higher level.
• Coordinate the dissemination of the information, lesson learnt and best practices to relevant stakeholders.
• Work closely with QI to ensure that AGPAHI ’s efforts for QI / QA in its program, including the use of M&E data for strategic decision making and programmatic improvement is implemented well at AGPAHI and sub-grantee level;
• Taking representative role to represent AGPAHI in different meeting and workshop;
• Participate actively in internal or external meetings concerning M&E, QI and other project activities as delegated by the Technical Director or Executive Director with various stakeholders, including the MOH, CDC, and other stakeholders; assume representational responsibilities when asked;
• Participate in programmatic workshop internal and external, national or international as delegated by the Technical Director or Executive Director
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by the /Technical Director
Education, Skills & Abilities:
• A degree in Statistics, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Doctor of Medicine or any field providing the essential skills and experience for this position, master degree in the same mentioned area is an added advantage;
• Training and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and the development of M&E tools; preferably of HIV& AIDS interventions or a related field, or otherwise the capacity and motivation to acquire an in-depth knowledge of this field in a short time;
• Experience in developing and conducting training;
• Previous experience in program management; preferably under US Government regulations;
• Previous reporting experience to US Government an added advantage;
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Outlook, Internet, Word, Excel & power point) and preferably knowledge of statistical packages;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% in-country.
How to Apply:
AGPAHI is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI. More information about each advertised position please go through our website provided below. For those who will send e-copies please send cover letter and CV saved in your names.
Submissions may be sent to:
Executive Director, AGPAHI
P.O. BOX 38252
Plot 373, Mtitu Street, East Upanga
Dar es Salaam,
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful