Job Title: Program Coordinator - Monitoring & Evaluation
Employer: Ariel Glaser Pediatric Aids Healthcare Initiative
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 1st Nov 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing Monitoring and evaluation support to all AGPAHI supported partners in on all AGPAHI supported programs, including data management, data collection, data analysis and review of partner’s program performance.
• Training and capacity building;
1. AGPAHI supported facility staff and AGPAHI staff on the use of M&E tools, data entry, data cleaning and back up
2. Support AGPAHI supported facility staff and AGPAHI staff in use of CTC2 database in generating reports and, generation of data queries, to monitor site performance and to send them to AGPAHI, NACP and/or MOHSW
3. Work with M&E manager to build capacity of RHMT and CHMT in maintaining data quality, accuracy in data collection and recording, reporting and data use
• Under the leadership of the M&E Manager, the Program Coordinator M&E will be responsible in monitoring and evaluation of the AGPAHI supported programs and data feedback to the MOHSW, supported partners, donors and other key stakeholders.
• In collaboration with other AGPAHI staff will ensure coordination between AGPAHI and CHMT and RHMT in implementation of timely and accurate reporting of key program indicators and national indicators.
• To produce several standard reports from the Glaser and other databases for use in decision making and dissemination of lesson learnt as well as program performance to different stakeholders.
Reporting and Communication:
• Under the leadership of the M&E manager, Program Coordinator will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all AGPAHI program areas.
• To assure that data entry in the Glaser is done timely, accurate and complete, in collaboration and supporting other field staffs who are involved in the same activity.
• Responsible produce several standard reports from the Glaser and other databases for use in decision making and dissemination of lesson learnt as well as program performance to different stakeholders.
• Work closely with technical staff to support quality improvement activities through performing QI performance measurement to all sites with QI project when timely.
• He/she will be a focal person for operational research activities going on in the AGPAHI field office.
• To participate in proposal and abstract write up and review for program implemented within AGPAHI and partners.
• To conduct data analysis and interpretation of the data for AGPAHI programs and sharing with donors as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Ability:
• MD or degree in health sciences is required, MPH will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in Monitoring and evaluation.
• Proven previous experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of US Government funded HIV programs.
• Proven previous experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation training, and development of M&E tools in monitoring HIV& AIDS programs.
• Excellent understanding and ability to prepare and monitor measurable indicators
• Strong data management and data analysis skills with practical experience in using Microsoft Access, Excel and statistical software package mainly SPSS and STATA
How to Apply:
AGPAHI is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI. More information about each advertised position please go through our website provided below. For those who will send e-copies please send cover letter and CV saved in your names.
Submissions may be sent to:
Executive Director, AGPAHI
P.O. BOX 38252
Plot 373, Mtitu Street, East Upanga
Dar es Salaam,
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful