Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Employer: Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 28st Oct 2013
Main Purpose of the Job:
1. To strengthen M&U Unit of LHRC by properly and effectively coordinating all activities of the M&E Systems
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Overall leadership and management relating to the operationalization of the LHRC M&E System
• Manage the implementation of the LHRC M&E Work Plan and Budget
• Develop annual budgets and work plans for the LHRC M&E section
• Management of the staff, work plans and budgets of the M&E unit
• Supervise, monitor and evaluate processes and ensure quality and timely periodic production and dissemination of M&E information products (reports, etc) in line with requirements
• Ensure effective management of all data sources in the LHRC M&E System
• Review M&E information products, distil and communicate their implications for programme implementation
• Coordinate and supervise development of information management systems for monitoring and evaluation.
• Facilitate capacity building for monitoring and evaluation of LHRC activities Advocate for and lead on communication activities relating to the LHRC M&E System Ensure effective management of the LHRC M&E database
• Identify lessons learned through impacts assessments and evaluation studies and modify corporate strategies accordingly
• Capture important events and observations related to legal and human rights issues
• Supervise the engagement of consultants in assignments related to law monitoring, publications and coordinate their work.
• Assist in preparing project write ups and assess them
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Background Knowledge and Experience:
• Master's degree or equivalent in social sciences, management or related field
• At least 3 years' experience in the monitoring and evaluation
• Experience in the design and building of at least one monitoring and evaluation system, from inception (or design stages)
• Solid project management and leadership skills
• Specific training in Monitoring and evaluation, project management or relating fields would be an advantage
Skills, Abilities, qualities and attitudes:
• Superior communication skill and human relations
• Ability to write for publication
• Proven experience in project proposal writing
• Familiarity with national legal systems, government structures, civil society and business community
• Excellent computer skills including database management and use of designated statistical computer softwares such as SPSS, STATA, CSPRO and others
• Professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills, sensitive, inspiring confidence, command respect and sociable.
Terms of Employment
• 4 years serving initially for one-year probation.
• Renewable contracts but subject to positive performance appraisal.
How to Apply:
Both positions carry attractive salary and fringe benefits as per LHRC Scheme of services and commensurate with candidate's qualifications and experience.
To apply for both positions use the following address:
Legal and Human Rights Centre, Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama,
P.O. Box 75254,
Dar Es Salaam,
Your application should include a full CV with at least three referees with their contacts details (telephone numbers, emails and postal addresses).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.