Job Title: Managing Director
Employer: State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 29th Oct 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs and supervises the administration of the activities under the responsibility of the Corporation;
• Ensures that the Corporation develops well focused vision and mission as approved by the Board of Directors;
• Plans, Organizes, Co-ordinates, monitors, controls and evaluates implementation of Corporation's policies and operations in order to achieve the Corporation's goal and objectives;
• Effectively promotes a positive image of the Corporation; Chairs Management Team meetings;
• Coordinates preparation and reviews the Corporation's budget and ensures effective control as approved by the Board;
• Coordinates the preparation of Strategic and Business Plans .and submits to the Board of Directors for approval;
• Keeps the Board of Directors regularly informed of any important matters that have a bearing on the functions of the board;
• Operates the bank account and banking transactions as one of the authorized signatories;
• Acts as the Accounting Officer of the Corporation responsible for implementing all policies;
• Authorizes all payments whether of capital or revenue nature to ensure efficient and effective mobilization and utilization of resources;
• Advises the Board of Directors on the Corporation's performance; Directs and ensures that annual reports and statement of accounts are submitted to the Board of Directors;
• Formulates policies and strategies aimed at improving revenue collection for the Corporation;
• Supervises the application and review of Corporation Act, regulations and, systems procedures, and ensures that STAMICO legal responsibilities and interests are well protected;
• Liaises with the Ministry of Energy and Minerals and other stakeholders to promote an understanding of the problems and constraints that STAMICO sometimes encounters in its operations;
• Ensures that core functions of the Corporation which are mineral rights acquisition, exploration, drilling, mine development, mining and mineral marketing and joint venturing are effectively supervised;
• Provides consultancies and specialized technical services to small scale miners and other stakeholders; and
• Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree, PhD in geo-sciences, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent will be an added advantage. He must have an experience of over 10 years, 5 of which must have been in a senior position in the mining industry.
• Computer literacy is essential;
• Ability to communicate with excellent writing skills; Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili; and Ability to supervise'nnd direct multifunctional professionals.
According to STAMICO schemes of service in the salary scale of STAM1CO - Salary Scale SMC II.
How to Apply:
General Conditions for all Candidates
Candidates should submit a hand written application according to the following:
Detailed CVs with three referees who can be contacted;
Copies of relevant certificates to support qualifications;
Two recent passport size photographs; and
Reliable working telephone and e-mail address.
Employed applicants should channel their application through their current employer.
Age Limit:All applicants must be less than 54 years old at the date of application.
All posts have a three to five years contract renewable on mutual agreement
All applications should be addressed to the following physical address:
STAMICO Board of Directors,
State Mining Corporation
Plot No. 417/418 - united Nations Road, Upanga
P.O. Box 4958,
Dar Es Salaam
Applicant’s envelope should indicate position applied.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview through their addresses and those who will not be contacted should consider themselves unsuccessful.