Job Title: Male Circumcision Program Officer (One Post)
Employer: IntraHealth International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2013
IntraHealth International is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill the following position for a PEPFAR/CDC funded project namely Tanzania HIV Prevention Project (THPP). The project supports MOHSW/NACP in rolling out HIV testing and counseling services, voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention and other biomedical interventions for preventing HIV/AIDS. The position will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Male Circumcision (MC) Program Officer will provide assistance both programmatic and in clinical direction in implementation of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activities, so as to achieve the greatest coverage and impact as possible. The MC Program Officer reports to the MC Program Manager.
• Carry out program assessments, health facility capability assessments and training needs in the region.
• Assist in organizing and carrying out training programs for health care workers to deliver VMMC services in the regions as well as clinical implementation of VMMC program for HIV prevention.
• Provide technical support, mentoring and supervision to implementing partners in the area of VMMC services and other HIV prevention interventions and ensuring quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering VMMC services.
• Assist in developing and implementing community and stakeholder sensitization for MC.
• Ensure consistent availability of VMMC supplies, equipments and consumables for VMMC services in all static as well as mobile and outreach VMMC facilities.
• Ensure VMMC services follows: WHO, PERFAR/CDC, Government of Tanzania and IntraHealth protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
• Assist in refinement and implementation of data collection methods for monitoring and evaluation to assure accurate analysis of data
• Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of
• VMMC activities and ensuring national and PEPFAR country VMMC targets are met.
• Assist in identifying priorities for assessment, research and evaluations related to VMMC services.
• Write reports, success stories, technical briefs, abstracts for presentations, and updates on the ongoing implementation of VMMC services
• Medical degree or related field and clinical experience in Tanzania.
• Minimum two years experience working in HIV/AIDs programs desired.
• Surgical skills preferred.
• Experience as trainer with a strong track record of implementing training strategies and programs.
• Working with local government officials and government health facilities desired.
• Experience with VMMC as an HIV prevention intervention an added advantage
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team. Must be capable of working independently to implement the duties described above.
• Experience with U.S. Government-funded programs is desirable.
• Willingness to travel within the country 50% of his/her work time.
How to Apply:
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be sent by Email Link above with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
0nly short listed candidates will be contacted.
"lntraHealth International is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer".